Frustrating isn’t the word
15th June 2022 at 17:13paul-uk
We cancelled our VA Credit Cards just over 1 year ago in favour of the intro offer with Amex.
Amex is coming to an end so thought I would grab the VA Card+ Points Booster offer that’s just ended.
The problem is that we had some cruise refunds go back to the cancelled card – and when we finally got the money sent to our bank account, it meant they had re-opened the account before closing it again.
That means, instead of the account being closed for 12+ months and qualifying for the new account boost, the account is showing as closed just 1 month ago so not eligible for the boost.
HOW can one company be soooo bad to deal with.15th June 2022 at 17:17Reney
I feel for you, there is always Barclays bonus to try for whilst waiting for the 6 month lapse on Virgin and hopefully next boost. Helpful to know that refund cause these problems.
I called Barclays to close my reward card so I can benefit from the Avios bonus, one month later no closure letter so had to call again to find out the account wasn’t closed.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- chrism20 on Chat thread – Saturday 25th June
- Reney on Mortgage overpayments
- FREEFLIGHTS on KLM connecting flights
- Tracey on Chat thread – Saturday 25th June
- mkcol on Chat thread – Saturday 25th June
- Colin MacKinnon on Chat thread – Saturday 25th June
- hoog23 on Housefold account / combine Avios
- Blair Waldorf Salad on Chat thread – Saturday 25th June
- meta on Voco Dubai The Palm
- Blair Waldorf Salad on NYC Subway
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.3 million of rooms to date. Click for details.