Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club FTV Avios Reward flight booking made with companion voucher refunded

• Aston100 1,388 posts

I wonder if this means existing unused companion vouchers will also get extended to end of September 2023 at some point?

Unlikely to happen if some people have already been losing unused ones?

I have an unused 2for1 to use by 4th May, but based on recent article if I book and cancel now it will be refunded with same date and not Sept 2023.
    Would be good to know if that assumption has changed now.

If you have nothing to lose, this close to departure, you may as well go ahead and see what happens?

Gary 293 posts

I wonder if this means existing unused companion vouchers will also get extended to end of September 2023 at some point?

Unlikely to happen if some people have already been losing unused ones?

I have an unused 2for1 to use by 4th May, but based on recent article if I book and cancel now it will be refunded with same date and not Sept 2023.
    Would be good to know if that assumption has changed now.

Similar situation 2-4-1 exp 22 April. Booked some random flights and requested cancellation on 28 Feb, voucher returned with original expiry date. Wonder if worth booking again and cancel very close to expiry date to see if BA would feel generous and extend. I am not hopeful.

LondonFly 84 posts

Are the refunded 241 vouchers limited to who the companion was in the original voucher? Or can you now choose a new companion to travel with?

NorthernLass 7,534 posts

Yay! My 241 issued in 2018 has just reappeared in my BAEC account ready to redeem (again). OH’s is still showing as used/expired (even with the Sep 23 date), but at least we have one to work with while hopefully BA sorts out its IT.

@LondonFly
    – you can now use the 241 from scratch and have whichever companion you like.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    NorthernLass 7,534 posts

Downside to the vouchers being returned is that the surcharges for MAN-LHR-JFK in CW are now £787 pp 😱

Ant68 56 posts

I’ve had an email today for one of my two FTVs that have companion vouchers embedded. It’s not showing in my account yet, as available to use, but the email did say it could take 4 weeks.

Unfortunately I hesitated over my two 241s that weren’t wrapped up in FTVs, which expire in Feb and March 2023. Wish I’d been braver and less collaborative with family over those, but given the circumstances I’m happy.

I plan to use my supplementary card on my other half’s Amex to pay the taxes and fees on future bookings, which I’ve read is OK.

Ant68 56 posts

I’ve had an email today for one of my two FTVs that have companion vouchers embedded. It’s not showing in my account yet, as available to use, but the email did say it could take 4 weeks.

Unfortunately I hesitated over my two 241s that weren’t wrapped up in FTVs, which expire in Feb and March 2023. Wish I’d been braver and less collaborative with family over those, but given the circumstances I’m happy.

I plan to use my supplementary card on my other half’s Amex to pay the taxes and fees on future bookings, which I’ve read is OK.

The voucher and avios are back in my account, so it took less than a day. I’m not sure where the cash refund will go. I downgraded my BAPP to the standard BA card some time ago and I’m sure Amex will find me, somehow.

I won’t use my partner’s Amex when I make future bookings, as I’ve read somewhere that BA may start name-checking in future, but assume it’s OK to use the Amex rewards card that’s in my own name?

I’m also assuming they’re refunding the 242 FTV’s in some kind of date order? The one that they emailed about today was originally for July 2020, and the one they haven’t contacted me about yet was a Sept 2020 travel date.

Gary 293 posts

Has anyone had a flight booked to depart near expiry of companion voucher and then successfully delayed the outbound flight to beyond the expiry (but staying within the remit of BWC dates)?

Gary 293 posts

Got email 29 Mar to say companion voucher wrapped in FTV will be added back in 4 weeks. Only appeared in BAEC on 1 Jun with expiry Sep 2023, but pleased to note BA added a Premium Plus voucher despite it was the old styled one wrapped in FTV.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.