Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club FTV Avios Reward flight booking made with companion voucher refunded

• spellman 32 posts

BA just emailed me – I had a BA/Amex companion voucher “frozen” in a future travel voucher, which BA has now just emailed me to say they’ve cancelled and re-issued the companion voucher with an expiry of September 2023

To dare is to do 130 posts

Yep me to, right result as my 241 ran out last year.

bungalow 178 posts

Me too, 2 vouchers being returned and avios refunded.
    Result!

jokerjokerj 7 posts

Same here as well. Very happy with that

NvT1115 6 posts

Ditto. Saved a voucher that expired last month

LondonFly 84 posts

I have also received the same. The only issue is the refund will be returning to cancelled credit cards. I don’t remember which one I used. What do I do?

bungalow 178 posts

I have also received the same. The only issue is the refund will be returning to cancelled credit cards. I don’t remember which one I used. What do I do?

The type of credit card used and last 4 digits will be in the booking confirmation email

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Yep, same here.

Cranzle 273 posts

At least BA seem to be doing an honourable thing (which is very rare for them) by extending the expiry of these companion vouchers. Returning them with the original (expired) expiry dates would have been a real kick in the teeth.

zemcd212 3 posts

Least it will reduce the amount of time to get through – Good Idea BA

NorthernLass 7,472 posts

I got the email and the avios last night for one of my FTVs, all 241s still showing as used/expired though. Hope they don’t forget about that bit!

E 93 posts

Got the email last night. In my account this morning, the avios are back and the 241 is back with the new 30/9/23 date. Cash will probably take another couple of days.

NorthernLass 7,472 posts

@E – when you say the 241 is back, is it showing on your booking page if you try and make an avios booking? Ours isn’t showing anywhere apart from in the used/expired box in the BAEC account.

PGW 94 posts

I had 2 vouchers and was very pleased to receive 2 emails last night. This morning the older of them is back in my account along with the avios but nothing related to the more recent one. Hopefully BA are working through them and I’ll have both available in the near future.

ed_fly 201 posts

If expired 241’s wrapped up in unused FTV’s get extended to sept 23, I’ll be interested to know whether the same treatment will be given to 241’s which had been rebooked using an FTV and subsequently cancelled from this point onwards?

NorthernLass 7,472 posts

Those of you posting that 241s are “back in your account” – are they showing as available to redeem on the booking page? Did they seem to appear at the same time the avios were refunded?

Those of you posting that 241s are “back in your account” – are they showing as available to redeem on the booking page? Did they seem to appear at the same time the avios were refunded?

Yes mine are and with new extended expiry date and avois are back in my account this morning.
    As in yes the redeem button is there.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    PGW 94 posts

Yes mine are and with new extended expiry date and avois are back in my account this morning.
    As in yes the redeem button is there.

ditto

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Has anyone received the refund on the credit card? The email said it might take a few weeks.

buchanan101 95 posts

Even my “flight” to Manchester booked and cancelled in December has been refunded.

My guess: they haven’t got the bandwidth to handle phone bookings with 241s after the recent debacle – phone support better used sorting out annoyed customers. (I have two claims in for the two weekends affected)

Jill Kinkell 155 posts

Encouraging news. I’ll be expecting 2 vouchers to be returned. Not in account…yet!

Has anyone received the refund on the credit card? The email said it might take a few weeks.

Give them a chance refund emails only went out last night!

Aston100 1,382 posts

I wonder if this means existing unused companion vouchers will also get extended to end of September 2023 at some point?

FFoxSake 217 posts

I wonder if this means existing unused companion vouchers will also get extended to end of September 2023 at some point?

Unlikely to happen if some people have already been losing unused ones?

I have an unused 2for1 to use by 4th May, but based on recent article if I book and cancel now it will be refunded with same date and not Sept 2023.
    Would be good to know if that assumption has changed now.

FFoxSake 217 posts

Would be good to know if that assumption has changed now.

I see Rob has posted an article about this now…
    https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/03/08/ba-extending-2-4-1-vouchers-to-30-september/

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.