Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club FTV refund: Only half cash refunded

• Gin123 10 posts

My FTV has recently been refunded. The cash element was only refunded exactly half (to the pence) to my card. Has anyone had the same issue? Could this possibly be held for the other passenger on the booking? I have been able to contact BA, calls getting dropped.

All other elements in the booking was fine:
    – 2-4-1 companion voucher added back with Sep 2023 expiry (main passenger who booked it)
    – Avios all added back into account (2 accounts within the household Acc)

stevenhp1987 331 posts

When BA took the payment, they would have taken 2x payments, one for each person.

The refund will also come as 2x refunds, one for each person.

Did the first refund land today? It could be that the other lands tomorrow…

jimothy 8 posts

Similar problem:
    I have had the 241 and avios refunded from a FTV, but I don’t have the credit card I originally booked with anymore. I have no idea where the cash element has disappeared to!

Gin123 10 posts

When BA took the payment, they would have taken 2x payments, one for each person.

The refund will also come as 2x refunds, one for each person.

Did the first refund land today? It could be that the other lands tomorrow…

I paid 2 different amount, 1 for the outbound and another when I added the inbound. Both on the same card.

What’s interesting is the amount refunded so far. eg. Outbound paid £70 and inbound paid £30, I’ve gotten the refund £50 (exactly 50%) more than a week ago. I wonder if the other 50% is held for 2nd passenger?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.