Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Getting through to BA on the telephone

• cannonc 4 posts

I’m having same issues. BA cancelled flights and then changed itinerary. Told me do nothing and they will refund (which is what I want) that was 3 weeks ago and still nothing. Highly annoying

Oliver 15 posts

Managed to get through on the Silver line at 4pm yesterday, after a 40 minute hold.

I’ve also had good luck getting straight through to BA holidays at around 7pm on weekdays.

MattB 260 posts

Im struggling to work out who to call for a holiday booking i cant make online, not that i can get through on any number!

Do i ring the bronze line or 0344 493 0787?

MattB 260 posts

Im struggling to work out who to call for a holiday booking i cant make online, not that i can get through on any number!

Do i ring the bronze line or 0344 493 0787?

To quote myself got through on the normal number (although had to select amend a booking rather than new) after 55 mins. As usual always fantastic service from the holidays team if you actually speak to them!

TonyLon 7 posts

I need to cancel an avios 2-4-1 booking but is it my understanding that I can’t do this online.
    I just want the return of the avios and the taxes paid, ie I don’t want to receive a voucher (which seems to be the only option given online)

If it makes any difference the flight booked was in First so is there a different number I can try or do I have to take the lottery of trying to get through to a real agent in under an hour
    And no, I don’t have any status so no Gold Line route for me

MattB 260 posts

If at least one leg is in F just ring YouFirst regardless of status, ive never had to wait more than a few mins.

TonyLon 7 posts

If at least one leg is in F just ring YouFirst regardless of status, ive never had to wait more than a few mins.

Thanks Matt – trying that now…

BenM 42 posts

Can I ring the Silver number to discuss a BA holiday booking where they have changed my outbound flight to a day earlier?
    Don’t fancy lots of hold time on the normal Holidays premium number

Lady London 2,021 posts

@ChrisC might have a number but otherwise is there non-Premium number in your holiday confirmation documentation?

This would surprise me as for about 5 years now in the UK, it’s been illegal for companies to provide only a premium rate number to existing customers. Companies are required to provide, in a readily findable way, a number that is not charged any more than a local call. In practice this probably means a number beginning 01/02/03.

You could try Twitter – DM first and if no response then public message

BenM 42 posts

Thanks ill try Twitter. How long is an acceptable time for a response do you think?

A non premium number sounds great too!

Lady London 2,021 posts

I’d give them 24hrs. Some would give 48.

We understand BA’s problems in not wanting to ranp up call centre costs when revenue is short. But they should at least provide a minimally functional service to existing customers who’ve spent with BA snd need to contact BA due to inconveniences which have been caused to them by BA Including BA having deluberately removed refund request functionality from their website.

BA are taking the pi$$.

Ryan 23 posts

Yes you can. I needed to amend a holiday booking the other day and after 15 attempts phoning the BA Holidays number only to be cut off and not make it into the queue, I tried the silver number. Got into the queue on the first attempt and then had a 45 min wait to speak to someone.

With regards to the premium number, the holidays number I’ve been using is 0344 493 0787 but I’ve noticed they still advertise an 08 version of this number on parts of the website.

MajaS 18 posts

Can I offer a suggestion – in my desperation to contact BA (I wanted to cancel a flight within 24 hours of booking it) and not being able to reach them in time on the phone, I contacted them via direct message on twitter. Took a while to get a response but they confirmed that as I contacted them within 24 hours, they would refund me with no fees. It took another two weeks of messages before that took place (it seems every time it takes a week for someone to respond to the subsequent response!), but it all worked.

MajaS 18 posts

Also, I always call on the number that’s listed on the website for calling from abroad – it’s not a premium number, just an 020 number…

MingTheMerciless 27 posts

Is this still the best?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.