Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Getting through to BA on the telephone

• Tobeman 4 posts

Anyone got any hints or tips on how to actually speak to someone at BAEC to change an open-jaw companion voucher flight booking?

I’ve been trying on and off for three days and eventually get told on the phone they aren’t taking new enquiries via a recorded message. I’ve also contacted on Facebook directly and that has gone unanswered.

I’m trying to upgrade the seat on the same flight as a better class seat has come available.

Thanks

defender90 25 posts

I did manage this earlier in the summer but just took perseverance and a number of calls. Do you hold status?

Rhys
    HfP Staff
    190 posts

Try selecting the options to make a new booking and see what happens.

NorthernLass 7,590 posts

They are not taking new enquiries?!! How is anyone supposed to do the stuff they’ve disabled online then?!
    I’m in the extremely annoying situation of BA having cancelled one of our flights for next year and the system won’t allow me to move the travel date via MMB. I’m seriously considering turning up early for my next flight in February and insisting that the BA service desk at MAN sorts this out for us.

Mick S 271 posts

makes you wonder how the industry is going to get back on its feet when all it seems to be doing is pissing people off.
    Not answering the phone, not answering social media messages – its pretty damn pathetic really.

Tobeman 4 posts

I did manage this earlier in the summer but just took perseverance and a number of calls. Do you hold status?

Rocking the Blue status 🙁 Sub-human.

Try selecting the options to make a new booking and see what happens.

Thanks Rhys, I’m in a queue. Anarchy in the UK!

They are not taking new enquiries?!! How is anyone supposed to do the stuff they’ve disabled online then?!
    I’m in the extremely annoying situation of BA having cancelled one of our flights for next year and the system won’t allow me to move the travel date via MMB. I’m seriously considering turning up early for my next flight in February and insisting that the BA service desk at MAN sorts this out for us.

Yep, exactly – Rhys’ suggestion of just going through the new booking line seems to be working so far. 40mins on hold and counting…

makes you wonder how the industry is going to get back on its feet when all it seems to be doing is pissing people off.
    Not answering the phone, not answering social media messages – its pretty damn pathetic really.

I tried the social media route as that has been the corporate batphone historically, but not a sausage after 3 days.

grahamrb 15 posts

Yep, exactly – Rhys’ suggestion of just going through the new booking line seems to be working so far. 40mins on hold and counting…

Let us know how you go. I’ve got some missing points (coming up as “ineligible flights” when they were booked through BA on BA tin) that I’ve been trying to call about but just get the recorded message about them not taking new enquiries at the moment. I’m lowly Blue at the moment but if these points are actually allocated then I’ll be Bronze really want it sorted.

MB1 28 posts

I got through in 12 minutes on the Gold Card 0800 number earlier this afternoon – cancelling a flight with Avios and a companion voucher (was tempted to use the new booking option but followed the menu).

dynamites 7 posts

I’ve managed to get through a couple of times last week- once at 6.30 in the morning and another mid morning- both times it took nearly the hour before you get cut off so I think it’s just a degree of perseverance.

(Worth adding that I got cut off on another occasion)

memesweeper 1,256 posts

I called Silver line this morning and got through in ten mins. I was surprised they took the call at all – I thought UK lines opened at 0700.

Useless agent though… kept saying “sure” when he wasn’t and “let me help you with that” when he couldn’t, took another 30 mins to get to the point when we were both certain he would never be able to resolve the problem.

grahamrb 15 posts

For info, there is a thread on FlyerTalk that suggests using the Spanish number, this worked for me this morning, someone answered after around 15 minutes. The number I used was: +34 910 507 550. Select option 2 at the start for English.

Flyer talk thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2015824-current-status-ba-call-center-39.html#post33831125

JenT 152 posts

For info, there is a thread on FlyerTalk that suggests using the Spanish number, this worked for me this morning, someone answered after around 15 minutes. The number I used was: +34 910 507 550. Select option 2 at the start for English.

Many, many thanks for this – we’ve been trying to book an open-jaw return with our companion voucher for the last two days – the call was answered in less than 10 minutes with the Spanish number. Feliz Navidad!

IsB 6 posts

I’ve spent about 30 hours on hold to BA since the last week of Nov when they cancelled my flight 3 days out. Then cancelled my partners, then cancelled the return for both of us separately. Fun.

I’m gold status and so far have had the recorded message, been hung up on, had it automatically disconnect after an hour countless times. The only route that has been answered for me is the gold line after multiple goes but only for new bookings (they will berate you).

I have found Twitter to be the quickest. I usually do this privately by DM, but recently have resorted to public posts because they hate it and revert quicker. If you get the bot keep typing live agent.

Bonne chance!

SteveJ 979 posts

Japan, 1.30am, worked for me (craziness)

poggs 14 posts

Just trying to get through to update a redemption that been cancelled due to time change.

Once in a blue moon I can get on the queue by pressing 1,1

It gets answered in about 10 mins by someone who says they cant do redemptions and transfers me.

I then sit in the queue until disconnected.

so question is;

What number combination do I press to get on the queue for someone who can do avios redemption amendments?

Syph 2 posts

Got through for a redemption by phoning at 0759 this morning (option 2,1) but still was on hold for 55 minutes. All attempts yesterday led to being cut off after an hour. Hopefully You First might be a bit easier to reach if any changes needed…

pbcold 348 posts

IsB I do not understand your situation at all. Are you ringing the Gold Line? I have had no such problems when calling them.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Lady London 2,054 posts

IsB I do not understand your situation at all. Are you ringing the Gold Line? I have had no such problems when calling them.

Why do you think everyone has access to the Gold line pbcold?

pbcold 348 posts

I did not say anything of the sort. My comment was based on the information that IsB provided….”I’m gold status”

pbcold 348 posts

IsB, if you are still struggling try calling early. I got straight through @ 7.00am this morning. Good luck.

Zoe P 30 posts

I called at 7.44am today and had my FTV redeemed 27 minutes later. So I think up at 7am is the way forward for this.

sloth 315 posts

rang at 11ish and got through in 14 mins…only blue

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    AndyUK101 49 posts

3 calls recently, all on the gold line (I’m not gold anymore btw) around mid-day and followed the menu options, all-around 15 min to answer

IIRC there is a pause after the recorded message where it feels like you have been cut off, not the case, just hold on

Gary 293 posts

When ringing at midnight for the just released 4 reward club seats using two BAPP vouchers belonging to player 1 & 2.

1. Can the CSA hold the 4 seats immediately whilst processing the vouchers belonging to two BAEC members? Or would both have to ring and do the booking for 2 passengers each simultaneously? We are nominated 3rd party on each other’s account.
    2. Is USA number still best number? or Japan?

hmt 2 posts

Another day another hour on the phone trying to speak to BA. received notification that leg 3 of 4 of trip cancelled and rebooked on next flight ( 15 minutes later albeit the following day) and I should log in and ‘Accept’ or choose cancellation option. I want to accept but no box or otherwise to do so. Cannot access Manage Booking so unable to check in, next week, or choose seats etc 241 Amex + avios+ tax Cann anybody help?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.