Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Bonvoy Gold – bonus points for stay?

• DTR 105 posts

Hi folks. I had 2 recent stays at a Marriott as a gold member, both on points with a paid upgrade. I didn’t receive any recognition of status or anything beside a 500ml bottle of water on arrival.
    Should I have at least had 2,000 points welcome, or not as they were redemption nights?

degsy 148 posts

Yep you should get bonus amenity points for reward stays. Only 250 or 500 though, depending on which brand

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

Not as Gold.

‘As a Platinum Elite, Titanium Elite or Ambassador Elite member, you’ll receive a special gift upon arrival at participating hotels, with a choice of an amenity gift or points. If guarantee is not met, guest compensation applies.’

DTR 105 posts

Ok thanks Rob.

DTR 105 posts

Turns out I did get a 500 point bonus – go figure!

degsy 148 posts

I’ve always received 250 or 500 points with Marriott as a Gold, on both paid and reward stays. And, earlier this year, for a 3 night reward stay I made separate bookings for each night (in order to capitalise on any favourable points movements) , I got 3x 500.

JPG 3 posts

You should get 250-500 points as Gold, appearing as “Extra” on the app.

NorthernLass 7,464 posts

I did 2 paid nights at a Marriott a week ago and haven’t received any kind of points yet – I’ve forgotten how long they normally take as I haven’t stayed at a Marriott property since before the pandemic! The 2 x Amex rebates appeared within 48 hours though.

rjn21 31 posts

I did 2 paid nights at a Marriott a week ago and haven’t received any kind of points yet …

My experience recently is highly variable times for Bonvoy posting. Reims – La Caserne Chanzy – Autograph – posted overnight from checkout inc the 2000 bonus.

AC Manchester Salford Quays – Never posts anything automatically. Always have to chase Bonvoy for the stay and 2,000 bonus (which can’t be done until ~14 days after the stay), and separately chase the property if the room rate had bonus points (they never answer the phone, no public email address, I now have a named person email who has so far fixed the rate bonus after 2 weeks).

Amex £50 off has also credited within 2 business days of the triggering charge on 4 cards so far.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.