Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Gold to Platinum UPGRADE offer (new monthly subscription & 30K bonus)

• Tom2 113 posts

Any data points on the 30K hitting?

Hit the spend target on Saturday and 30k bonus showing in my account already.

You had the gold/green charge card before right? assuming you have not taken an upgrade bonus in the past (no limit in time)

Correct, upgraded from Green to the Plat (that I downgraded from just over a year ago).

Tom2 113 posts

Any data points on the 30K hitting?

Hit the spend target on Saturday and 30k bonus showing in my account already.

You had the gold/green charge card before right? assuming you have not taken an upgrade bonus in the past (no limit in time)

Upgraded from Green but had Plat within the last 2 years.

NvT1115 6 posts

Used my card to part pay for new kitchen on Monday 30k bonus points in my account this morning

Tom2 113 posts

Anyone tried getting a retention offer from Amex when on the pay monthly scheme yet?

Mchaggins13 3 posts

Has anyone with a gold charge card who has already hit the £15k spend to trigger the 10k bonus points upon renewal attempted to see if Amex will honour the 10k bonus in addition to the upgrade offer?

I’m in that situation, would be open to getting platinum but it feels like I’d be better off waiting until post gold renewal, as I understand it a 20k upgrade bonus is available all year round.

Mchaggins13 3 posts

Has anyone with a gold charge card who has already hit the £15k spend to trigger the 10k bonus points upon renewal attempted to see if Amex will honour the 10k bonus in addition to the upgrade offer?

I’m in that situation, would be open to getting platinum but it feels like I’d be better off waiting until post gold renewal, as I understand it a 20k upgrade bonus is available all year round.

Ignore this, scrolled through a few additional pages and found that Rob had already answered the same question with a no

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.