Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Google Pay

• Aston100 1,383 posts

I can’t add the card to Google Pay.

I see on another thread someone suggested using the Barclaycard app to make contactless payments.
    So I went into the app and clicked pay options > contactless mobile
    Message: “Contactless Mobile isn’t available. This may be because you don’t have an eligible card for Contactless Mobile.”

Anyone managed to get this card working contactlessly on Android?

Youllnever 182 posts

I suspect the contactless mobile app will start working the same date it’s meant to with Apple Pay (apparently April 5th). It won’t be available with Google Pay – you could consider linking it to Curve and using Google Pay that way.

Jamesp21 28 posts

Another reason this card isn’t much use. Amex blows it out of the water functionality wise.

Aston100 1,383 posts

Another reason this card isn’t much use. Amex blows it out of the water functionality wise.

But isn’t accepted universally in my direct experience.

Aston100 1,383 posts

I suspect the contactless mobile app will start working the same date it’s meant to with Apple Pay (apparently April 5th). It won’t be available with Google Pay – you could consider linking it to Curve and using Google Pay that way.

Thanks for the info.
    Lack of notifications on this forum meant I missed your reply at the time.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.