Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Radisson Rewards Has anyone sued Radisson for refusing prebooked rooms? Or denying point?

• EssexLout 4 posts

I was in Berlin with a large group in autumn at the Park Plaza on Wall Street – 44 beds for 3 nights. I had a group contract and all rooms were prepaid. One splinter group flew out via Stansted and when their Ryanair plane left late, it was diverted from the new Brandenburg because there was nobody to unload.

I flew out with 36 others from Heathrow. When we checked in we let the front desk the other 7 would be arriving after midnight. When they did turn up, 2 were denied their rooms (they were not available after being sold on to walk-ups). These 2 rooms were then charged as no shows. The 2, both fit and young in their 20s, chose to snooze in reception until the hotel opened for breakfast. They finally got access to their rooms for the final 2 nights after midday in time for the second night.

I’ve been fighting to get those room charges back, The manager at first claimed they were no shows and insisted on refunding 10% of the prepaid booking as a ‘no-show’. He is now offering the full room charges plus €25pp!!! There were no losses so no claim for losses incurred. But we paid the money, they didn’t provide the contracted room.

I was also told I could not have the Radisson Rewards Bookers and Planners points. The total bill was well over €10k so should have earned 60k plus points. No explanation has ever been given. They haven’t even tried to palm me off by saying only my room gets the points. I’ve had no points whatsoever from the whole 3 night stay,

Anybody ever sued in Germany? Anybody ever experienced this from Radisson. I’ve emailed all their senior staff but nothing.

Skywalker 699 posts

Just wondering – if everyone was on the same booking, was there no ability to check all parties into their rooms ahead of their arrivals (irrespective of delay) and hold on to their cards?

StillintheSun 137 posts

@EssexLout

I had a problem in Feb with a Radisson hotel that was refusing to return my “deposit” on a flexible booking. Hotel ignored my email, Radisson web form went unanswered, Radisson twitter sorted out very quickly with extra points thrown in for my troubles. Definitely worth a try before raising the issue with you credit card company. Section 75 probably doesn’t apply to business bookings but Amex were very good when a company delivered a package (paid from on my business Amex) to the wrong address and were refusing to refund me. Worth taking it up with your credit card provide if tweeting Radisson doesn’t work.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.