Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other London life Heathrow parking advice

• Pointofview 36 posts

Hi, does anyone know any better value ways of parking at Heathrow?
    We are traveling down from the North (flying from T5) and the best price I can find for the Long stay car park is £180 for 10 days.
    Just wondering if anyone knows any other car parks that would be of better value?
    Thank you

ChasP 162 posts

try justpark or yourparkingspace

I usually avoid peoples driveways but have got parking inn Hotel car parks at £50 and £70 for 10 days

Ash 621 posts

Hi Chase, how do you secure/book the parking spaces at the hotel airports?

ianwardz 44 posts

This has been asked elsewhere, but earlier this year we used Justpark. Search TW19 postcode. We used ‘driveway on Horton Road’
    Safe and secure with CCTV.
    Including drop off and pickup at T5, 21 days parking was about £135.

WaynedP 258 posts

Amex Offers of 10% back (on online spend of £10 or more) for Just Park, expiring 24 Jan 2023.

Appeared on Amex Platinum and BA Amex Premium Plus cards and still seem available to save to card if you’re targeted.

kevinchoi 96 posts

Park at Hayes and Harlington station, then take the Elizabeth line in – 6 mins to T2/3, 12 mins to T5. I find it much easier and faster than parking at an airport hotel then taking a transfer bus.

The real Swiss Tony 662 posts

Park at Hayes and Harlington station, then take the Elizabeth line in – 6 mins to T2/3, 12 mins to T5. I find it much easier and faster than parking at an airport hotel then taking a transfer bus.

This also means your car is parked in the middle of Hayes for two weeks, so if it’s anything special rather than your station run-around, you might want to throw that into the mix.

Note that the LHR official prices jump around a lot and seemed to be coming down for Christmas last time I looked. Infact I’ve just saved £15 by amending my NYE booking.

jj 520 posts

It’s often better value and more pleasant, albeit not cheaper, to use the Sofitel. Parking is normally much less that £18 per night if you pre-book a park & stay package, but, of course, you also have to pay for a relatively expensive hotel. Having said that, the Sofitel is as convenient as the official short stay parking, so you have a super-smooth experience both outbound and inbound with no need to faff with buses.

If you’re travelling from the North, I assume you’ll need a hotel in any case. I only live 2.5 hours from Heathrow, and my mistrust of the motorways is such that I always stay overnight unless I have an evening flight.

direttore 22 posts

It’s often better value and more pleasant, albeit not cheaper, to use the Sofitel. Parking is normally much less that £18 per night if you pre-book a park & stay package, but, of course, you also have to pay for a relatively expensive hotel. Having said that, the Sofitel is as convenient as the official short stay parking, so you have a super-smooth experience both outbound and inbound with no need to faff with buses.

If you’re travelling from the North, I assume you’ll need a hotel in any case. I only live 2.5 hours from Heathrow, and my mistrust of the motorways is such that I always stay overnight unless I have an evening flight.

Is the Sofitel parking covered?

I have a convertible and I’m precious about it 😀

yorkshireRich 186 posts

Hi all, we need a parking spot for 10 days in April. We did look at Hayes and Harlington but my father (who says he will pay) as said that there are 2 options for purple parking. One is the sofitel which is meet and greet. Anyone had any experience? I can’t persuade them to stay over especially as it’s a night flight so they don’t see the point. The reviews seem decent, apart from that the signage isn’t great but I am sure can work it out.

Andrew. 482 posts

Hi all, we need a parking spot for 10 days in April. We did look at Hayes and Harlington but my father (who says he will pay) as said that there are 2 options for purple parking. One is the sofitel which is meet and greet. Anyone had any experience? I can’t persuade them to stay over especially as it’s a night flight so they don’t see the point. The reviews seem decent, apart from that the signage isn’t great but I am sure can work it out.

Purple Parking is fine. Drop off at their multi-storey by the Premier Inn and hand over your keys. Used them many times. Check the pricing via different pathways first.

Still miss NCP Flightpath, it was my goto car park at Heathrow for years.

NotTheRealRob 86 posts

Just looks at this option is it really just £24 for 7 days. I see it’s not possible to prebook. Have you ever arrived and not found any spaces.

Michael C 668 posts

Just had a good JustPark experience at Deri Dene Close: GBP42 for 6 days in half-term week. Uber was GBP8 to HGI Hatton X.
    Will def. look at Hayes and Harlington!

kevinchoi 96 posts

Just looks at this option is it really just £24 for 7 days. I see it’s not possible to prebook. Have you ever arrived and not found any spaces.

I’ve only used it once so I guess it’s hard to say. Also I see that after I’ve written that post, the car park has now changed hands from NCP to Saba, who has now placed a restriction for parking of a maximum of 7 days which is annoying for longer trips.

That being said, I did look at alternative options that time just in case the station car park was full. There is a nearby large Asda car park (5 minutes walk from the station), which is on JustPark and prices there are reasonable too – so that can be a backup plan.

jjoohhnn 27 posts

Still miss NCP Flightpath, it was my goto car park at Heathrow for years.

Yeah. It was convenient and you could cancel it without a hit!

Londonsteve 193 posts

I’m planning a day trip from T5 shortly, not too early departure and return. Purple Parking is £18 for the day but their car park is right the other side of the airfield and I’d imagine transfers to T5 don’t leave all that frequently so it could be time consuming. Has anyone tried street parking in Stanwell and taking one of the 2 red buses from the Stirling Road bus stop that run non-stop into T5? The walk from car to bus stop might be a little sketchy early morning or late evening? I wouldn’t want to do this for a longer trip but for a day away it seems fair game to me. I’ve paid my road tax! Any other suggestions of free street parking with a regular, reliable (and short) public transport connection for T5 are welcome.

John 1,000 posts

struck.churn.safe

Walk northeast 1 minute, run across the road and get bus 482 or 490 from T4 premier inn

Londonsteve 193 posts

Whoa what a find! Thanks. So much free parking next to a Heathrow terminal? It’s not looking remotely full when Google streetview swung by.

John 1,000 posts

I’ve left my car there for 6 weeks and it was fine, just covered in spiderwebs (which would also have happened if I left it at home for 6 weeks). Usually used by minicabs during the day when flight arrival time is uncertain / to rest

Mankhool 32 posts

Are we talking at about Cains Ln? If not please suggest.

Londonsteve 193 posts

John was suggesting struck.churn.safe (check on ‘what 3 words’) but thanks for the tip, that also looks great. Actually, more suitable for a long stay as I wouldn’t want to leave my car parked on the A30 for longer than a couple of days. Surprising more people don’t try to avail themselves of parking in these sorts of places and instead compare notes on spending 100s on long term parking. If I couldn’t park for free or at very low cost, I’d rather take public transport or a two way minicab. I appreciate some people are travelling from the sticks for whom neither of these options is viable. I keep a ‘banger’ as a second car deliberately so that I can use and park without having to care about it.

John 1,000 posts

Cains Lane has a lot of abandoned cars now and I haven’t been able to find a space when I tried this year. But you can try around there too, just don’t be selfish and avoid parking in front of someone’s house unless they have a big driveway

Londonsteve 193 posts

Since I’m only planning to park for 18 hours I’ve got no hang ups about parking in any legal space. It’s no different to visiting a friend for the day who lives in the street. But I agree that it’s anti-social to park in a residential street for longer than a weekend. Odd that there should be so many abandoned cars on Cains Lane. Perhaps they were formerly owned by people emigrating from T4??

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.