Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other London life Heathrow parking

• ChasP 162 posts

Ive always used the NCP online parking at the Hilton T5
    as it was
    1) cheap
    2)includes Hoppa tickets
    3) you park you car and keep your keys so it stays where you leave it – no chance of a joyride or being taken to a muddy field
    Unfortunately the NCP site doesnt seem to be listing it any more

recommendations ?

The real Swiss Tony 662 posts

https://www.yourparkingspace.co.uk/ has a bunch of options, although I was looking at 10 days parking for Heathrow. I could get £100 at the Holiday Inn Bath Road, £130 Heathrow Long Stay or £180 Heathrow short stay.

The absence of the free buses, the cost of Ubering now that there’s a £5 surcharge for drop offs and the fact that we land back very late at night meant I just went for the short stay. It’s an extra £80, but bus tickets in and an annoyed Uber driver out would take £30 off that for sure.

If you are on a quest to drive prices right down, yourparkingspace has a Regus office block on the Bath Road for about £5 a day, although someone reported getting a PCN on that deal. It was struck off fast enough, but seems a bit rubbish…

Mel TS 70 posts

Its that age old toss up between cost and convenience I think now. After a few not great experiences (it took over an hour to get from the long stay to the terminal) we’ve given up and use the short stay. If you’ve got some Heathrow rewards points knocking about you could look at using those? You can only use up to an equivalent of £100 value for parking though, but its worth a look. I managed one night hotel stay booked via rocketmiles when there was a bonus running, converted to heathrow reward points and got our parking down from £180 to £80.

strickers 651 posts

Used Your Parking Space for the Thistle for this trip, I wasn’t impressed that the car park was full. Waited 30 minutes for a space.

ChasP 162 posts

thanks for that Looks like I can book 15 days at M4 Hilton for £60 then Hoppa in

the comment about balance between cost and convenience is true except Network Rail who want £60 each for its recommended route a 3 hour trip that includes travel to Waterloo followed by underground to Paddington then Heathrow Express

ChasP 162 posts

Anyone want to refer me to Your Parking – its only £5 each but as Tesco said …..

ed_fly 211 posts

Anyone want to refer me to Your Parking – its only £5 each but as Tesco said …..

https://your-parking-space.mention-me.com/m/ol/cc5al-ed-hayes

elguiri 215 posts

One thing to note about your parking space, if you are staying for anything over ~10 days click on the monthly rate instead of hourly. Our price went down from the £180 on hourly to £100 on monthly (and would be using only half the days).

elguiri 215 posts

Used Your Parking Space for the Thistle for this trip, I wasn’t impressed that the car park was full. Waited 30 minutes for a space.

Ask at front desk and they will show you where their parking round the back is.

strickers 651 posts

Ask at front desk and they will show you where their parking round the back is.

Tried that, drove round the whole car park twice, had to exit and enter the car park again.

Mel TS 70 posts

thanks for that Looks like I can book 15 days at M4 Hilton for £60 then Hoppa in

the comment about balance between cost and convenience is true except Network Rail who want £60 each for its recommended route a 3 hour trip that includes travel to Waterloo followed by underground to Paddington then Heathrow Express

Wow. We are a 40 minute (if the m25 gods feel hoppy) drive from heathrow. It would take us about 2 and 1/2 to 3 hours on public transport. I think I meant cost vs convenience vs time saving……..

The real Swiss Tony 662 posts

Absolutely – you’ve missed the point about cost vs convenience here.

So you’re going to park at the M4 Hilton (never heard of it – do you mean T4?) Then you have to get the Hoppa which currently runs on an hourly schedule. And woe betide if it’s full when it gets to your stop/they decide to drop that rotation – that won’t be their problem, let me assure you. Then you have to do the same on your return.

So I guess it depends what value you put on your own time and sanity. If you’re trying to have a dirt cheap weekend away, you certainly don’t want the car parking being 50% of the spend, but if you’re dropping £5-£10k on a family holiday, the extra £80 for the convenience of walking 2 mins from the car to the check in desk is where the cost vs convenience factor comes in.

There’s no right answer, but having to allow that hour to make sure you get the right Hoppa is presumably going to also compare unfavourably with the public transport option, too.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.