Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Help with missing class on JAL flight

• yonasl 954 posts

Hello,
    We have a Premium Economy booking LHR-HND for Oct-Nov 2022 (hopefully Japan is open by then). Outbound is with JAL and inbound with BA, booked as a BA holiday.

If I try to look for the flight right now on the BA website the JAL premium economy option is not available anymore (Economy or business are). The JAL website however shows Premium Economy pretty empty with just us and a couple of more people booked.

I honestly don’t know if it is a BA glitch? BA not wanting to sell JAL’s premium? JAL not allowing BA to offer the premium seats? Or just BA being ahead of JAL knowing the plane will be switched (one of the 777-200ER has premium, the other doesn’t)?

I know some of you can query those things with some online tools so if you can share any info that would be great (even if eventually it will be what it is, if I understand this ahead of time I can hopefully plan differently).

Details of the flight are:
    London To Tokyo
    19:20 London Heathrow
    Airline: Japan Airlines
    Aircraft: JL0044 (Boeing 777 jet)
    Depart London: Terminal 3, Fri, 21 Oct 2022, 19:20
    Arrive Tokyo: Terminal 3, Sat, 22 Oct 2022, 15:15
    (no way these times are final as we all know the closed Russian airspace is increasing flights to Asia by at least 3-4hrs)
    Duration: 11 hr(s) 55 min(s)

SamG 1,644 posts

The Thurs/Fri/Sat look full in Premium economy – perhaps a group booking or company trip or something.

yonasl 954 posts

The Thurs/Fri/Sat look full in Premium economy – perhaps a group booking or company trip or something.

Thanks Sam. Strangely if you go to JAL’s website you can book the flight and seats appear empty. Just BA not offering them.

yonasl 954 posts

Flights are back with a 90% premium on the price. Something weird going on with premium flying to Japan from October 2022.

SamG 1,644 posts

Yes now there is a bit of availability. Even Business class is looking busy! Looks to me like some kind of trade fair or conference that bookings are being held for

yonasl 954 posts

Yes now there is a bit of availability. Even Business class is looking busy! Looks to me like some kind of trade fair or conference that bookings are being held for

Thanks Sam, may I ask what tools you use to check that?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.