Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards HI Belfast – using intermediate payment provider. Scam or just quirky?

• iDoc 9 posts

Recently booked an advance purchase res at HI Belfast, via the IHG webpage.
    No payment taken from the details I gave, but a week later, I have received an email asking for payment via the 3rd party Prommt.

I was about to delete instinctively, but the amount is the correct amount I anticpated, and no payment had been taken from the original reservation, and so is this HI doing something weird – and not spam?

The header of the email shows it as from:
    .. Holiday Inn Belfast City Centre <noreply@prommt.net>
    .. reply-to: ravikant.yadav@andrashouse.co.uk

And has a direct link to a Prommt checkout page.

I don’t see an IHG customer service email I could forward it to, to check authenticity before paying….

What do you think??!

freckles 160 posts

Given that email address I would contact the HI directly to check

tobynow 35 posts

I’d be very careful here — see the recent scams on booking.com, although this was booked direct, their system could still have been hacked in a similar way. I’d call the hotel to check, or contact IHG centrally to check.

iDoc 9 posts

Thanks for the advice both – I’ll contact the hotel.

Grant 108 posts

If you Google Andras House you’ll find that they are a NI based hospitality company and list a number of IHG branded and other ‘chain’ hotels on their website.

https://www.andrashouse.co.uk/about-us.html

iDoc 9 posts

Yes, looks legit – frustrating they don’t warn customers in advance..

Reply from their reservations dept:
    “Yes I can confirm that the below payment link has come from us, we are unable to process payments directly from guests cards so we send a secure payment link for you to process the payment yourself.”

John 1,001 posts

Interesting. I had a prepaid stay there in May and they took the payment from my Amex directly.

The merchant name was DAYSHOTELBELFAST BELFAST. The Amex IHG offer credited the next day.

robkeane 78 posts

That hotel used to be a days hotel before IHG took it on.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.