Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Hilton – Amex £50 back on £200 spend

• WillPS 194 posts

On other half’s Nectar Amex but not my supp.

I’m going fallow currently.

Anna 458 posts

A word of warning if you want to add a guest to a pre-paid booking- I’ve noticed that this doesn’t seem possible once the reservation has been made, unlike with flexible bookings, so you have to add the guest during the booking process if they’re going to need to check in before you.

pablo 26 posts

Like clockwork the offer is back on. Valid until 22/12/23 in store only.

MF176 187 posts

Do the Hilton ones work cumulatively like Marriott’s?

Harrier25 852 posts

On my Green charge card the offer is spend £200 or more, get 9,000 MR points.

can2 462 posts

I just used it for a booking in December and paid for it already. I wonder if it will trigger the offer. Locked in a good rate for the Xmas period. Happy.

RCHammer 64 posts

Got this on my BAPP and also got spend £200 get 9,000 MR points on my Amex platinum

Super Secret Stuff 364 posts

Got this on my BAPP and also got spend £200 get 9,000 MR points on my Amex platinum

Same

Rui N. 831 posts

Have the same on the free MR card.

hugol0ver 54 posts

9000 MR is better than £50 isn’t it? According to Robs’s values, for example converting to Avios.

NorthernLass 7,582 posts

I’ve noticed that a few Hilton hotels don’t seem to be offering Advance Purchase at the moment, which is a pain when you want to use the offer for a stay after the expiry date!

marshy11 247 posts

I’ve noticed that a few Hilton hotels don’t seem to be offering Advance Purchase at the moment, which is a pain when you want to use the offer for a stay after the expiry date!

I have queried in the main Amex thread, but is this current Hilton offer ok for prepaid, I read it as being ‘on checkout’ perhaps I am reading too much into it?

NorthernLass 7,582 posts

They’ve always posted in the past, I think it’s always specified as on checkout. I may be making a booking in the next few days so I’ll report back!

marshy11 247 posts

They’ve always posted in the past, I think it’s always specified as on checkout. I may be making a booking in the next few days so I’ll report back!

You and me both. Hoping to delay but may need to do it this weekend.

Ash 621 posts

For 9000 MR and the £50 awards….are they triggered by cumulative spend eh over different nights at different eligible Hilton hotels?

hugol0ver 54 posts

Yes.
    You got both on the same card?

Ash 621 posts

Thanks.
    9000 on Platinum
    £50 on BAPP

can2 462 posts

something odd happened. I have this on my BAPP for a £50 cashback.

I used it two days ago. Surprisingly, I’ve got the Amex email saying I used this offer.
    The spend still doesn’t show on my app. It’s been 2-3 days already.

DarrenS 91 posts

For 9000 MR and the £50 awards….are they triggered by cumulative spend eh over different nights at different eligible Hilton hotels?

They have done in the past.

Tracey 212 posts

Any way of having booked online at a pre-payment non-cancellable rate with one card, then splitting the bill across 2 cards?

alig4th 322 posts

Already booked a flex-stay at Manchester Airport, £115. Was going to eat at the attached restaurant. I assume if I bill it to my room, I can then spend £85 on dinner (extra glass or two of wine than planned!) to hit the £200? Anyone know/confirm that this restaurant/hotel lets you do that?

If the restaurant spend doesn’t count, I’ll see if there’s a minibar in the room – I was going to pay £115 anyway, spending £85 on the minibar to get 9,000 MR (so basically “free” minibar) seems the next best thing!

NorthernLass 7,582 posts

I’ve used the offer at MAN in the past and restaurant spend counted – just ask the server to add it to your room bill. The food is nothing special but obviously it’s very convenient to then just head up to your room.

Breakfast is free for everyone, as far as I can tell (I’ve never seen them check room numbers), so it shouldn’t matter if you haven’t got status.

If the card you’re paying with isn’t the one on your booking, you’ll need to make this very clear at check-in as they tend to bill you during the night!

davefl 1,227 posts

Already booked a flex-stay at Manchester Airport, £115. Was going to eat at the attached restaurant. I assume if I bill it to my room, I can then spend £85 on dinner (extra glass or two of wine than planned!) to hit the £200? Anyone know/confirm that this restaurant/hotel lets you do that?

If the restaurant spend doesn’t count, I’ll see if there’s a minibar in the room – I was going to pay £115 anyway, spending £85 on the minibar to get 9,000 MR (so basically “free” minibar) seems the next best thing!

The DT? There’s no minibar in the room. But there’s a bar opposite reception, you could easily spend at that.

Be aware that email me the reciept for self checkout on the app doesnt appear to work. I havent had emailed receipts from several hiltons recently, nor have they appeared online in my account so stop for a paper one on the way out.

alig4th 322 posts

NorthernLass, Davefl, thanks both for your useful comments and insights. I’ll make sure to amend the booking to have the right card, and I’m Gold so was probably pick breakfast over points, but if breakfast is free anyway then I’ll pick up the extra points (I’ve got lounge access at the airport early morning, so even without breakfast in the hotel I should be ok).

Good to know there’s no minibar. Propping up the lounge bar for an extra drink before bed seems to be the plan, then!

I never do self checkout anyway. Much rather speak to a person when I leave a hotel in case of any issues with the bill.

davefl 1,227 posts

I mentioned I was leaving at 4.30am and they offered to supply a breakfast box, so they seem to be a helpful bunch there. Be aware that it’s a good 10 min walk across partially rough ground to T3/T1 and nearer 15-20 depending on your pace to T2. There is a shuttle but it’s extra cost.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.