Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Hilton Barclaycard

• QFFlyer 156 posts

If I have over 100,000 these hit in 2 separate transaction s. Is that normal?

Yes it is, you get blocks of 100,000 manually processed, the remainder up to 99,999 is automatic. Barclaycard themselves don’t seem to even know about this, so there’s no point calling about it, but they will turn up.

QFFlyer 156 posts

To add to the above question is there a spend tracker anywhere for the BC Hilton? I had a look but could not see one. And when you do hit the £10k what is the process and the timeline for your Hilton account to go gold?

No, there used to be many years ago, when the HH card had its own login page, but when it was incorporated into the main BC site it hasn’t had one.

The HH upgrade to gold is automatic, I don’t remember how long it takes as I’ve been Diamond for years now, but it’s fairly quick and you get gold for the remainder of your current year (to the next March) and all of the following year (to the following March).

Mr10 5 posts

Has anyone had issues this year with gold renewing? I spent around £100k on this card but received a message saying gold ends 30 March 2023? I have raised a ticket with Hilton.

Harrier25 852 posts

Has anyone had issues this year with gold renewing? I spent around £100k on this card but received a message saying gold ends 30 March 2023? I have raised a ticket with Hilton.

Yes, this was discussed in another thread on here during the last week. We all seem to have the same issue…being threatened with Silver tier from the 1st April.

Wally1976 188 posts

My wife and I are retaining our Gold membership but I think that’s probably a legacy benefit from having had the Amex Platinum card in the past.

Anna 458 posts

I’m gold via the Barclaycard, my account on computer and app definitely says I have retained gold for 2023.

0 post

Wife and I have both retained gold too with HH card!

Carlos 758 posts

That reminds me, I have hit over 10k on the card, yet the Hilton page is saying I will downgrade to Silver on 1 April.

Any progress on the complaint?

andiron 66 posts

Is there an easy way to hit £10k on that card? In the past you could have just top up Revlt, but now there are fees for that.. I put majority of spending through different cards now but wouldn’t mind getting gold again.

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Curve can assist with this, if you don’t know about it you should search this site for information.

QFFlyer 156 posts

Is there an easy way to hit £10k on that card? In the past you could have just top up Revlt, but now there are fees for that.. I put majority of spending through different cards now but wouldn’t mind getting gold again.

Many ways, but other than curve, and anything else openly discussed already, people will be keeping quiet because first rule of fight club.

Harrier25 852 posts

I’m more than unhappy to disclose that while I go about my day to day spending using mainly Amex cards, my wife is more than happy running about at high speed putting £10,000+ annually on the Hilton Barclaycard! 🙄

AndreaBunsC 1 post

Did you get this resolved as I am having the same issue?

davidflies 18 posts

Nah, all of us still facing the same issue of downgrading.

Julia 43 posts

Just to add for completeness sake, I asked to reduce my credit limit amount on this card two years ago as it was a bit heady at the time. Anyway last year I tried to increase it again and was automatically refused. Have since requested it raised twice but both rejected instantly. I don’t think they know what to do with us but don’t want to let us go either.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.