Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Hilton Dalaman all-inclusive

• Green Plastic 21 posts

Hi all,

Looking at making a points redemption at the all-inclusive Hilton in Dalaman. The review on HFP from 2020 states it was 70,000 points per night. When I look it up now, I can only seem to find outlandish prices (e.g. over 100,000 points per night is the minimum, with many rooms significantly more than that). What am I missing?

Many thanks, GP

pbcold 348 posts

There were major price increases on points recently.

FazzyBear 24 posts

80k is the rates for off peak nights.

can 506 posts

I booked for 2 adults and one child in mid July for 80k points a night.

That hotel has a weird child policy. If you have small children do not include them when you search for rooms. Both cash and redemption rates skyrocket.
    Read it from the Hilton app:
    From the hotels page on the app, Click info and then the children and family tab.
    How it applies to redemption bookings if you have older children is a mystery to me.
    My child is small so I got by so far.

Green Plastic 21 posts

Very useful, thanks everyone.

Green Plastic 21 posts

Went ahead and booked this for 80k per night and used the 5th night free offering for Diamond status. Thanks again to those above for helping. One further question now that I have booked – is there still the potential to be upgraded due to being Diamond, or is this a no-go due to the fact this is a redemption?

can 506 posts

I booked redemption last year as Gold and got upgraded to walk-down-direct-to-pool rooms with a view. It was great.
    Plus dinner voucher.

But it was last year. Place was practically empty.

Pdah1980 11 posts

I booked direct and got them to price match onthebeach which was crazy cheap and then they still upgraded to a 2 storey room with a sauna. I only booked the cheapest room.
    So I’d say they are very good when it comes to upgrading if they have availability.

can 506 posts

@Pdah1980 was it during school holidays?

Peter K 553 posts

Prices are 80k per night currently. It was 70k previously but it’s gone up. Prices for more than that a night are premium room reward bookings.

S879 96 posts

I have sent many emails but the supplement of 2 children (over 12 years) remains a mystery to me! They just never answer the question and just reiterate it will be 35% of room rate which is crazy!

can 506 posts
    FazzyBear 24 posts

If you have booked this hotel as a non cancellation room for X amount via Hilton direct and then you find its about £800-£1000 cheaper via Amex Travel for the exact same stay, is there anything you can do it try to rectify the situation?

I know if you find a cheaper room withing 48 hours then they will price match, but that time has elapsed. Do I have to take the hit?

Thanks

Peter K 553 posts

If you have booked this hotel as a non cancellation room for X amount via Hilton direct and then you find its about £800-£1000 cheaper via Amex Travel for the exact same stay, is there anything you can do it try to rectify the situation?

I know if you find a cheaper room withing 48 hours then they will price match, but that time has elapsed. Do I have to take the hit?

Thanks

If it’s non-cancelable then you’re basically stuck. They are not going to want to give you your money back to pay less for the same room…plus via a travel agent they have to give commission to.

If you ask nicely they *may* move your booking to another date, but there is no guarantee and requirement for them to do it.

whuaremassive 42 posts

Looking to book this next year too, Basic room is 50k but the cheapest family room that sleeps 4 is over 100k more in points, and then they are charging a surchage for kids too?
    Does anyone know if I can book a room that ‘sleeps 3’ and add the extra child to that? It will be 2 adults and two kids -5 and 3 year old.

Thanks

can 506 posts

Looking to book this next year too, Basic room is 50k but the cheapest family room that sleeps 4 is over 100k more in points, and then they are charging a surchage for kids too?
    Does anyone know if I can book a room that ‘sleeps 3’ and add the extra child to that? It will be 2 adults and two kids -5 and 3 year old.

Thanks

Don’t do that for small kids.
    Write to them, I put the email address somewhere above, and ask the kids booking policy. IIRC, you book for two adults and pay some surcharge for *older kids*. Mine is 4, I booked for 2 adults.
    Sleep 3 will show a steep increase. Because it is an all-inclusive.

TicknBash 36 posts

Currently day 2 here at Hilton Sarigerme booked 2 rooms with 3 adults 2 kids (3 years and 3 months).

Plenty to do, plenty of good staff around, rooms slightly dated (considering it being circa £300/night and double the price of Tui hotels around the area, but as good as it gets for 80k/night redemption.

Champagne or minty lemonade welcome drink on arrival. Booked a guest sea view room, initially upgraded to deluxe pool access sea view as gold but room wasn’t cleaned. I think housekeeping kicked up a fuss and Front desk supervisor called within 5 minutes apologised profusely before I could recite the riot act – cheekily offered late check out but I insisted ‘ground floor pool room’ = Deluxe Swim Up Pool Room – was granted no argument there. The buildings are quite far back from the beach, so personally the sea view is…underwhelming.

4-5 A la carte restaurants with 15-25 Euros surcharge per head. As HH gold, comped for one a la carte dinner. Buffet spread is fairly extensive and generous but as we are a bit of a foodie, I think we’ll end up doing 2 a la carte.

Very child friendly place, me and the Mrs enjoyed the adult water slides as much as our 3 year old with her kiddy slides and kids club.

Everything is priced in GBP or Euros so if you’re not leaving the resort, the FX gain on Lira is irrelevant.

And finally to answer children policy, the below can be found under Hotel details ‘Family & Children Policy’.

Children aged 12 and over will be charged the full adult rate at the time of check-in. 1st child aged 11 years old sharing parents room, stays free. 2nd child aged 1 year old sharing parents room, stays free. 2nd child aged between 2 & 11 years old sharing parents room, will be charged 50% of adult rate at the time of check-in. To confirm child prices for your stay please send confirmation number, or arrival/ departure dates and room type together with ages of

whuaremassive 42 posts

Thanks!

yorkshireRich 186 posts

Currently day 2 here at Hilton Sarigerme booked 2 rooms with 3 adults 2 kids (3 years and 3 months).

Plenty to do, plenty of good staff around, rooms slightly dated (considering it being circa £300/night and double the price of Tui hotels around the area, but as good as it gets for 80k/night redemption.

Champagne or minty lemonade welcome drink on arrival. Booked a guest sea view room, initially upgraded to deluxe pool access sea view as gold but room wasn’t cleaned. I think housekeeping kicked up a fuss and Front desk supervisor called within 5 minutes apologised profusely before I could recite the riot act – cheekily offered late check out but I insisted ‘ground floor pool room’ = Deluxe Swim Up Pool Room – was granted no argument there. The buildings are quite far back from the beach, so personally the sea view is…underwhelming.

4-5 A la carte restaurants with 15-25 Euros surcharge per head. As HH gold, comped for one a la carte dinner. Buffet spread is fairly extensive and generous but as we are a bit of a foodie, I think we’ll end up doing 2 a la carte.

Very child friendly place, me and the Mrs enjoyed the adult water slides as much as our 3 year old with her kiddy slides and kids club.

Everything is priced in GBP or Euros so if you’re not leaving the resort, the FX gain on Lira is irrelevant.

And finally to answer children policy, the below can be found under Hotel details ‘Family & Children Policy’.

Children aged 12 and over will be charged the full adult rate at the time of check-in. 1st child aged 11 years old sharing parents room, stays free. 2nd child aged 1 year old sharing parents room, stays free. 2nd child aged between 2 & 11 years old sharing parents room, will be charged 50% of adult rate at the time of check-in. To confirm child prices for your stay please send confirmation number, or arrival/ departure dates and room type together with ages of

thanks for the quick over view. I toyed with the idea, but as a young-ish couple we decided to book with BA holidays to a fairly pnew hotel (and less expensive). From what you said, it seems similar to what most people are saying on TA. I certainly won’t say never, and maybe I’ll entertain the idea when I have children similar age to what you have now.

TicknBash 36 posts

thanks for the quick over view. I toyed with the idea, but as a young-ish couple we decided to book with BA holidays to a fairly pnew hotel (and less expensive). From what you said, it seems similar to what most people are saying on TA. I certainly won’t say never, and maybe I’ll entertain the idea when I have children similar age to what you have now.

There are a few things we can only admire from afar being here as parents :

Late night buffet supper up to 2am.
    Adults only bars with fairly decent offerings.
    Multiple shows / entertainment from 9pm till late.
    Decent looking cycling club, gym, spa and water sports.
    Enjoying a slow paced meal without listening to Peppa’s lines nearby for the 97th time !

I’d say it’s been relatively quiet with mainly kids under school age and less dramatic crowd – considering free flow alcohol and sugar. I think the price point has done it’s filtering.

If as a non parent, it may not have made it to my shortlist being an hour away from the touristy places and plenty of other hotels can be found half the cash price. However, I wouldn’t regret it either as we’ve found positives every day since being here.
    The 3x Hilton points is just a bonus now.

Zara 30 posts

This is all really interesting as we had a shocking customer service experience here. Based on that we would struggle to justify going again as it was the top level management that dealt with us and really really didn’t seem to care. They were just focused on us not writing a negative review. Nothing about actually caring about what we were experiencing. Too long to go into now but suffice to say we found them heartless and would struggle to justify a repeat visit as it left a single child without parents very vulnerable.
    I agree the actual resort is great for kids, just a shame about their customer service for me

can 506 posts

yeah, I am seeing it more and more that all they care about is tripadvisor reviews these days..

Zara 30 posts

yeah, I am seeing it more and more that all they care about is tripadvisor reviews these days..

Do you go often?
    We are always looking for great large all inclusive resorts but there aren’t many chain branded ones we have come across where you can use points so it’s a shame this one let us down- I can never recommend it. Genuine service means a lot for us.

whuaremassive 42 posts

Do you go often?
    We are always looking for great large all inclusive resorts but there aren’t many chain branded ones we have come across where you can use points so it’s a shame this one let us down- I can never recommend it. Genuine service means a lot for us.

Interesting to hear about your experience.

We are looking at the AI Hilton in the Dominican Republic too. We have a stash of 600k points and another trip to Rangali isn’t really suitable with two young children now.

can 506 posts

Do you go often?

Last summer we did a quick tour of Turkish riviera and stay at another nonChain resort called Vogue Bodrum in addition to Hilton Dalaman.
    The whole family got food poisoning there at Vogue. The government got involved for hygiene problems and it seems that they bribed them off. Compared to this awful experience Hilton was amazing, especially because we have preschool age child who loved the Hilton’s kids club. So we are going back next month.

Player2 wrote a long detailed review of Vogue on tripadviser and they panicked. They even offered us 3 free nights. We didn’t take it of course. It was obvious at that stage that it is all about tripadvisor rankings and reviews.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.