Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Hilton Gold upgrade tracker

• davefl 1,232 posts

Let’s just post info about upgrades that us lowly gold members have received on this thread.

1. Hilton Vienna AM Stadpark – Basic king to Panoramic view corner room. The upgrade was available in the app as soon as check in was available and I could choose from the same room type on several floors. Full “American” breakfast was available on Myway

2. Hilton Zurich Airport – Basic king (no on app check in available or digital key). On arrival was upgraded to Deluxe (larger room), full American breakfast for all Myway and also a voucher for a drink at the bar.

degsy 148 posts

I’m also lowly Gold – staying at HGI Old Trafford tonight – nothing as yet (have checked in on the app). Fingers crossed they treat me well at reception (will update either way).

janed9388 74 posts

Hilton Lake Buena Vista Palace, on the app 3 days before there was an upgrade to an Epcot view in the tower building. At check in I negotiated a one bedroom suite in the island building which they let me keep for 3 x back to back 5 night reward stays :-). $30 dollar per day room credit in lieu of breakfast was applied and could be spent pretty much anywhere on anything.

ollyloosemore 6 posts

I’m also lowly Gold – staying at HGI Old Trafford tonight – nothing as yet (have checked in on the app). Fingers crossed they treat me well at reception (will update either way).

There isn’t much to upgrade to there tbh. You may get a pitch side view room, but that is about it!

kevinchoi 96 posts

Some of my recent stays…

Hilton Brussels Grand Place – Basic King, no upgrade
    HGI Paris Massy – Basic King, upgraded to what I think is the best room in the hotel – a top floor corner room
    HGI Florence Novoli – Basic King, no upgrade
    HGI Milan North – Basic King, again upgraded to top floor balcony (deluxe/family?) room
    HGI Krakow Airport – Basic King, upgraded to high floor corner room

So in general, either no upgrade or a great upgrade, nothing in between

Shaba 12 posts

Hilton Edinburgh Carlton – booked basic King Guest room, upgraded to King Executive room with lounge access

DevonDiamond 71 posts

Staying there as a diamond in 2 weeks time, hoping for a pitch side view if only to take a picture from the balcony!

I’m at another HGI next week for three nights, each booked separately, and so far I’ve been upgraded into 3 different room categories for each night!

degsy 148 posts

There isn’t much to upgrade to there tbh. You may get a pitch side view room, but that is about it!

Nada. Not helped by the fact the hotel is sold out for the Rugby League Grand final tomorrow at the football ground. Not too disappointed given the incremental options that are available as you highlight but a pitch side room with balcony would have been nice.

Jill Kinkell 159 posts

Gold. Staying WA Rome Cavalieri on booking organised by Emyr of BonVivant. It’s a great rate compared to current prices. No upgrade… hotel full. Quite disappointed but it was always ‘ subject to availability’

pauls1 3 posts

Hilton Berlin upgraded from King guest room to King Executive room, Executive Lounge was very nice

Guernsey Globetrotter 585 posts

Hilton London Tower Bridge one night back in June for Mrs T (Gold) and her sister & partner. Booked two basic King rooms on points – 65k each which was a decent discount on the nightly £300+ cash rate. Both got upgraded to King Executive rooms with lounge access – they didn’t have to go out in evening as food and beer/wine was plentiful 😎👍

davefl 1,232 posts

Alexandra Curio Barcelona – Upgraded to Pool view king on arrival from basic king on a cash rate.

(No advance notice or in app check in. Seems Hilton brand standards on this kind of thing only apply in the USA from my recent experiences)

dunsford69 6 posts

Hilton Gateshead a few weeks ago. Upgraded to executive suite (and lounge access) along with voucher for a couple of drinks. Stunning views over the bridge into the city. Facilities magnificent – pool, sauna etc. Food was reasonable too

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.