Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Hilton status benefits on a OTA booking

• chrishond 42 posts

Hi all

Any real life uk experience on enjoying Hilton status benefits (particularly the breakfast) when booking on hotels.com etc?

I’ve done it multiple times in USA and Europe (pre 2019) and benefits were always granted

I’d either insert my Honors number in the booking note and/ or present it upon checking

John 1,000 posts

Depends on the hotel

tiriavpo 312 posts

They wouldn’t even give us free wifi in Vienna having booked the hotel as part of a BA holiday!

NorthernLass 7,544 posts

That’s really mean! We’ve always had benefits at least partially awarded – e.g. at a HGI in Rome a couple of years ago we got free breakfast for 3 of us for 4 nights even though it was a BA holiday booked as Room Only. Never been denied wifi, although I’ve never worked out if the system is set up to only allow it if your booking is linked to a HH account – it usually just seems to ask for a name or email address.

Scottpat78 245 posts

I’ve just completed 5 nights as part of a BA Holiday at Doubletree Times Square.

No daily breakfast credit, no welcome points or amenity and no points posted or nights credited to 2022 status.

John 1,000 posts

Well you’ll never get points or nights credit on an OTA booking. Welcome points and amenities are an IHG thing…

The main things you can expect to occasionally get are a small upgrade and breakfast (outside North America) as these cost the hotel very little, and they’re meant to be a reward for choosing the hotel regardless of who the commission gets paid to

tiriavpo 312 posts

It is a bit poor given that my Hilton status is based on my BA status that booking through BAH renders it irrelevant.

NorthernLass 7,544 posts

How is your HH status based on your BA status?

John 1,000 posts

GGL gets diamond

tiriavpo 312 posts

And odd that through BAH I can add my Avis Preferred No but not my HH number.

S879 96 posts

If you use Chase points to book a hotel do you not get any benefits as a Hilton Diamond? Hilton Philadelphia not giving breakfast. Executive Lounge only has coffee.

NorthernLass 7,544 posts

I thought breakfast was gone anyway in the US, replaced by the coffee and muffin credit? I’ve deliberately booked the Hampton Inn, Marathon (FL not Greece) for Xmas week so we can have a proper breakfast.

dougzz99 623 posts

Removes the leverage of booking direct if they give you the benefits on a third party booking. Having said that WiFi is like a bed or a bathroom, should always be there.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.