Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Virgin Atlantic Hit my Virgin Atlantic Reward+ target, now what?

• Carlos 758 posts

Hi, hit my £10k target (in 2 months), is there any decent strategy for this card now? I have a remaining 10 months left..

I have gathered a pro-rota refund is not possible and another companion voucher is not possible when hitting £20k.
    Is it possible to cancel the card, and join back in 6 months time, in order to be eligible for a new sign up bonus?

EDIT: I wanted to add I dont really want to use the card, since I use Amex Gold for earning points

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Carlos 758 posts

anyone?

ChasP 156 posts

well it is a Mastercard so more widely accepted than Amex and can be linked to curve (its how I pay my council tax etc and so far a little NS&I has been OK ) and gives 1.5 points per £

So while maybe not worth renewing its probably useful for the rest of the year – esp as you cant get a refund – then cancel wait 6 months and reapply when the signup bonus is good

and you can always buy sausage rolls with the points !

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Carlos 758 posts

well it is a Mastercard so more widely accepted than Amex and can be linked to curve (its how I pay my council tax etc and so far a little NS&I has been OK ) and gives 1.5 points per £

So while maybe not worth renewing its probably useful for the rest of the year – esp as you cant get a refund – then cancel wait 6 months and reapply when the signup bonus is good

and you can always buy sausage rolls with the points !

trying out the reply function instead, see below

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Carlos 758 posts

Thanks, yes I could use it as my non-amex visa card, as I have another mastercard alternative ready.
    Any other perks in having this card?

Reney 756 posts

If you cancel I believe you can get a bonus again in 6 months, but you have to pay the full year of fee again if you go for the premium version which seems steep, but maybe the points are highly valued by you.

As a non-Amex, you can register it with Airtime for mobile credits earning opportunities. It also works with Perks at work earnings when the right retailer comes up. However I see you already have another non-amex, so these options are already open to you.

Does your non-amex have cashb@ack offers, I find the Virgin card ones are quite good when the “right” ones come up. It is my only non-Amex that have these offers.

gundam 30 posts

Thanks, yes I could use it as my non-amex visa card, as I have another mastercard alternative ready.
    Any other perks in having this card?

The free Boingo wifi was useful for when I flew a lot. It even worked on AA flights with good speed.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.