Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club How do I know if a KLM reward flight is available to Virgin?

• FREEFLIGHTS 54 posts

Trying to get from MAN to LAS using rewards. Seatspy doesn’t cover this as one of its options, searching Virgin just gives me the normal “there is nothing available…..”

I have checked KLM and there are flights from MAN to AMS, paying either cash or reward.
    I have checked KLM and there are flights from AMS to LAS, Paying either cash or reward.

How do I find out if the AMS to LAS reward seats are available to be booked by Virgin using Virgin miles?

Cheers

Froggee 901 posts

I’m afraid you will need to call Virgin.

But to give yourself a fighting chance, you’ll need KLM availability at the cheapest points level as KLM do dynamic pricing. So having looked at a range of dates on KLM if you can see any flights for fewer miles than when you wish to go you will likely be out of luck.

FREEFLIGHTS 54 posts

I spotted the KLM dynamic pricing, they ranged from 105K miles to over 600K. I hoped there may have been a conversion that said/indicated, below say 150K equals 100K Virgin miles. Am I being a bit simplistic here!!

I tried the normal UC number that I normally use, but today it just kept on ringing and ringing. Has it possibly changed again?

Froggee 901 posts

I can’t help you on the Virgin number but I believe it’s only the cheapest KLM point fares that will be available to book with Virgin. The Virgin reward chart is fixed so I don’t think anything other than bog standard rewards seats cannot be booked.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

If you can see seats via another SkyTeam partner that shows KLM seats online, you can be fairly sure that Virgin can see them.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.