Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club How long are tier points and Avios taking to post to accounts?

• FFoxSake 217 posts

My most recent data point…
    Transaction: 02-Dec-21
    Posted: 08-Dec-21
    (wasn’t visible in BAEC until 09-Dec, so looks like you currently need to allow a full week)

Might be useful to update here with any different experiences.

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    mr_jetlag 8 posts

Mine (SIN-LHR in J) posted within 48hrs – flown 29th Nov. They also correctly credited my paid F upgrade on the outbound.

FFoxSake 217 posts

Latest J flights posted within 3 days…
    Transaction: 07-Dec-21
    Posted: 10-Dec-21
    …so maybe postings are back to normal again now.

baflyer74 2 posts

I’m still waiting for points to land for a BA LGW-CUN-LGW trip to post from 1st/3rd December

RB1988 8 posts

I waited over 2 weeks for the outbound of a LHR-FRA flight to be credited, the return went on straight away, went through the “Claim Missing Avios” part of the BAEC site, and they were added straight away. I guess it needs a little poking sometimes!

Nash98 3 posts

Am still waiting for the double tier points to be added to the account for BA Holidays for trip done in mid October, have emailed the dutymanager twice and am told following the IT upgrade its taking time, wonder how long others are waiting and anything else to do to speed up the credit

Graviation 24 posts

I’m still awaiting my tier points and Avios to be posted following a MAD-LHR Iberia flight from 2 December. The outbound BA leg was posted immediately, so I’m assuming this is a functionality issue regarding Iberia being unable to connect to the system, much like BP Me points transferability being ‘stuck’ at present. I’m keen to get my tier points posted because I’ll be just 10 points short of Silver!

richard 6 posts

I’m still waiting for a flight from 19th November (when the system was down) to be credited. The outbound has been in my account for a long time, but the return is missing. Trying to claim via the missing Avios link just reports that my ticket number is incorrect when it isn’t.

I’ve emailed BA, so just waiting to hear back now.

GiddyKipper 9 posts

8 Dec CE flight NCL-LHR posted 11 Dec
    10 Dec CE flight LHR-NCL posted 13 Dec

As such, 3 days for my two recent flights.

Whisper2 44 posts

For our flights last week it was also 3 days. Now to wait for the double Tier Point offer!

Nash98 3 posts

2 follow up by emails ( duty.office@holidays.ba.com ) and finally credited today morning the double tier points

tomahawk 70 posts

Is anyone else having the same problem as me? I am missing tier points so I’ve gone to the “claim missing avios” page on BA where you input your ticket number. This just brings up an error saying the ticket number is incorrect (which it isn’t). I then click on the FAQ link on the same page and the third question down is “who can I contact if my online claim is unsuccessful” which leads to a link saying “submit details of your claim online” – clicking on this just brings up another error saying “error 403 – you do not have permission to proceed further”.

So I have got no way of notifying them on the missing tier points.

Is this just me, or is it the same for others?

Thanks

FFoxSake 217 posts

…a link saying “submit details of your claim online” – clicking on this just brings up another error saying “error 403 – you do not have permission to proceed further”.
    So I have got no way of notifying them on the missing tier points.
    Is this just me, or is it the same for others?
    Thanks

The BA site is really temperamental, the best way I’ve found to get past problems like that is
    a) temporarily disable any ad-blocker (if you use one), then
    b) open ba.com on a new Incognito window in Chrome and accept any cookies on the BA site.
    After you’ve done with the BA site just close the window and turn any ad-blocker back on.
    That seems to help me with failed logins at BA.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    tomahawk 70 posts

Thanks FFoxSake. I manage to get in to the online claim form by turning off the VPN that I use, so the claim has now gone off. It still isn’t accepting the ticket number on the first page though, which is pretty hopeless. I want these tier points to come through pretty soon as I am going away at the end of January and am due a tier change to silver.

Crofton232623 2 posts

The whole delay in posting thing is very annoying, posting on 10 Dec for a flight on 7 Dec cost me reaching the tier point retention total for a year ending 8 Dec. Guess I should have known. Might be academic since the status year has been extended but still frustrating.

KP 27 posts

I’m still waiting for a flight from 19th November (when the system was down) to be credited. The outbound has been in my account for a long time, but the return is missing. Trying to claim via the missing Avios link just reports that my ticket number is incorrect when it isn’t.

I’ve emailed BA, so just waiting to hear back now.

I have the same issue. Flight on 19th Nov hasnt posted. Cant claim via missing avios link.

Frustrating

tomahawk 70 posts

So I am waiting for double tier points to be credited for holidays in September and November. I’ve used the online claim form and emailed exec-club.socialmedia@ba.com and duty.office@holidays.ba.com. Received an email from the duty.office address saying its taking “up to 60 days” to credit the extra tier points, but my holiday in September was over 100 days ago. Any other email addresses that people may have used to sort this shambles out?

This double tier point promotion is beginning to look like a scam. If the points are not credited for months afterwards they are effectively useless.

greggrant 12 posts

I, too, am waiting bonus tier points (now about 50 days). I have emailed numerous times and have not, so far, had any response – not even an autoresponder.

My year ends on 8 January 2022 and I will achieve gold if the tier points are allocated before then. If not I can see a very annoying fight with BA taking place – assuming I can actually get someone’s attention.

This is really shocking way to treat loyal customers – make an offer to tempt you to buy an expensive holiday and then NOT stick to their side of the bargain. When I booked this the BA T&Cs said that points would be posted within 30 days. BA – you are breaking your own T&Cs. You are seriously annoying customers that you should be delighting and just generally showing shocking disregard for your customers.

The head of customer service should be held accountable for this mess. If information is being manually input then source more people. It can’t be that difficult to do!

tomahawk 70 posts

Mine have finally come through. I basically peppered the socialmedia and duty.holidays email above and the online claim form every couple of days and am now totally up to date so would suggest you try that. The email informing me that all the tier points had been applied came from gecsreplies@contact.britishairways.com so that could be another email address to bombard.

greggrant 12 posts

Thanks for the info tomahawk – I’ll try that email address as well!

greggrant 12 posts

I, too, am waiting bonus tier points (now about 50 days). I have emailed numerous times and have not, so far, had any response – not even an autoresponder.

My year ends on 8 January 2022 and I will achieve gold if the tier points are allocated before then. If not I can see a very annoying fight with BA taking place – assuming I can actually get someone’s attention.

This is really shocking way to treat loyal customers – make an offer to tempt you to buy an expensive holiday and then NOT stick to their side of the bargain. When I booked this the BA T&Cs said that points would be posted within 30 days. BA – you are breaking your own T&Cs. You are seriously annoying customers that you should be delighting and just generally showing shocking disregard for your customers.

The head of customer service should be held accountable for this mess. If information is being manually input then source more people. It can’t be that difficult to do!

Update: After emailing a number of addresses with no luck I called the Exec Club number yesterday. The call was answered after 55 minutes. The person I spoke to was very polite but told me that I should allow up to 90 days for the points to post. I explained the T&Cs at the time of booking, i.e. 30 days and he put me on hold. Anyway, long story short he told me he had expedited my case (as my year expires on 8 January) and low and behold the points (and Gold) appeared this morning. I can’t be sure it was the phone call that did it or it was one of the emails but just glad that it’s done. Shame BA have to put you through all this though!!!

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    JAG 6 posts

‘normal’ tier points seem to be taking 2 days to post at the moment. I did 5 flights over the last 2 weeks and all posted 2 days after the flight date.

FFoxSake 217 posts

Data point – I chased my bonus “double tier points” today for a BA Holiday that ended Dec 7th.
    I used the duty.office@holidays.ba.com email address and was amazed to get a reply same day with tier points credited and the new BAEC Silver status activated.
    Maybe BA starting to catch up with the backlog (…or maybe I just got lucky!)

Charles Martel 124 posts

I’ve just had 4 BA flight taken in December post to my QFF account, hopefully the bugs are slowly being ironed out.

ChrisC 956 posts

Flew 13th Jan

Points posted 15th Jan

Posted per normal timeframes.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.