Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express How long do statement credits take? Data points

• twoclicks 6 posts

In the old days, I used to get an email when I used an offer and the credits were almost instant.
    In the last few days I’ve done the Harvey Nichols £50 spend and a Kiehl’s £10 back on £50 spend on the Platinum card, and nothing showing up yet…

Gavin454 160 posts

I find them unreliable during the past year or two. The “100% back on £200 for restaurant spend”, I had my first credit within 2 days. The second credit didn’t appear after 6 weeks, and I had to threaten to make a complaint in order to get them to manually credit it. I was considering cancelling the card, so didn’t want to wait until 90 days past the offer end date for them to investigate.

A few months ago, my Morrisons 10% back credits took 3-4 weeks to credit.

More recently, Harvey Nichols was credited within a couple of days.

Reney 768 posts

Took a bit of digging, here are some data points for you from the last few months. It may say below that the credit posted the next day but I think I don’t see it till the day after.

Plat card / Harvey Nicks credit posted next day
    BAPP card / Lululemon one credit posted next day, the others posted 2 days after the first one posted.
    BAPP card / John Lewis, been almost 2 weeks still waiting
    BAPP card / Morrison, 2 transactions on the same day, one credit posted 6 days later and the other 5.5 weeks after the first one posted
    BAPP card / BP credit took 3.5 weeks to post

Basically all over the place, with no apparent pattern, except maybe where I have done more than one transaction the first one post relatively quickly the next takes ages.

twoclicks 6 posts

Thanks all, that’s very interesting, especially re. having to threaten to complain! It used to be so easy. Let’s keep sharing in case anyone can tease out some logic.

SteC 34 posts

Over a week now for my Harvey Nics credit ( purchase made last Thursday)

rum 275 posts

OP, you may wish to check out this thread as well, which has a lot of discussion and data points on the same:
    https://www.headforpoints.com/forums/topic/amex-offers-latest/

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

My Harrods £50 from before Christmas has now arrived, with no prompting from me.

Waiting on an Urban Outfitters from Saturday.

Harrods 120 posts

Email confirmation of redemptions have stopped coming through again. Was fine for a couple weeks/months.

Peter K 553 posts

Still waiting for a statement credit from Morrisons (18th Feb) and urban outfitters (20th Feb).

iamlost 108 posts

Still waiting on John Lewis since 11 February…

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

Randomness of all this is odd. Did 2 £50 Marriott credits on two cards. First one posted within 48 hours, 2nd took 10 days. No logic to any of it.

An Urban Outfitters one from 2 weeks ago has not appeared at all.

Blindman67 135 posts

PLAT
    Harvey Nicks Credited after about a week No email to confirm it had triggered
    Morrisons credited after a few days Email confirm it had triggered Appeared in “Savings”

BAPP
    Morrisons 5 instances not credited yet, since 17th Feb No email to confirm it had triggered, nothing.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.