Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards HSBC Elite Points – transfer to another World Elite cardholder possible?

• jonnyfly 38 posts

Hi

My mum has some World Elite CC points but not enough for Avios flights. Is it possible for her to transfer her Elite Points to me so I can convert to Avios and book a flight? I also have the same kind of card. And we have a shared HSBC premier current account – but the credit cards appear entirely separate in our respective accounts.

Unlike Avios, I can’t see any member-to-member transfer options for Elite Points.

[Alternative, as a BAEC Gold, can I receive Avios points free from her (not Gold)? Or is the Gold free 27k transfer per year benefit only for sending, not receiving – I’ll ask over in the other forum – unless someone knows over here!]

Thanks

Gareth 28 posts

Not possible.
    Add your mum to your baec household account then you can use her points/miles

jonnyfly 38 posts

Thanks – trying to avoid setting up a HH account due to the complications that brings.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.