Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios I should have made a note, but didn’t ….

• Mikeact 229 posts

I think I may be close to the 6 month cancellation of my Barclaycards, as I want to apply for the paid for Avios card.
    I guess it means a call unless anyone has any other bright idea !

JDB 4,339 posts

Aren’t you going to wait in case the 50k SUB comes back? You must have all sorts of records, telephone log, payment of card balance, statements, letters etc. to tell you when you cancelled without calling. Whatever, don’t cut it too fine and miss out as some seem to!

Mikeact 229 posts

More than happy to wait until I get tipped off (50k)…problem is/was, never used their three cards for years…just stuck in a drawer going back years when I was going to go for the UK Guinness record for most credit cards !

Joe G 80 posts

I cancelled my old non rewards earning Barclaycard pretty soon after they were first announced and I have it down in my calendar as October before I can re-apply and get the bonus. That said as JDB mentions after the 50K offer over the summer I will definitely hold off for a bit in case something similar comes up again.

Reney 755 posts

They should have sent you a letter, maybe you have that? I would call to make sure, it took them 2 goes to cancel my last card, so who knows what date on the system was the closure date.

I think I am eligible in 4 weeks but waiting for 50k avios again… I am going to call to check my closure date.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.