Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards IHG Best Price “Guarantee”

• Super Secret Stuff 364 posts

Intention of this thread is to record success and failures of IHGs Best Price Guarantee. Lets see if it really is a guarantee…

Previous claim for Crowne Plaza Plymouth failed about 6 months ago. Need to stay in the area again. So here I go again, another round of attempting to get IHG to pay out for a BPG claim. Rate I am looking at is £220 direct, £204 via a third party and £212 via sky scanner. Railcard rate is £199. So basically trying to pay £5 for ~12.5k points.

Initial request: denied. They can’t find a comparable rate! So have sent a link and screenshots. Will keep the forum updated

Peter K 553 posts

Best Price Guano

Aston100 1,388 posts

Mate, we’ve had this discussion on here not so long ago.
    The conclusion was that the IHG BPG isn’t fit for purpose.

Super Secret Stuff 364 posts

Mate, we’ve had this discussion on here not so long ago.
    The conclusion was that the IHG BPG isn’t fit for purpose.

Yeh I remember it, just think we should record them all to get a definitive answer.

Update: they’re still saying they can’t find it despite me sending an exact link and screenshot. Time to cancel and book elsewhere or with Railcard.

jj 520 posts

Not IHG, but had a similar issue with Accor over the Whistler Fairmont shortly before the pandemic. I provided screenshots and the link to an advertised price, and they told me that it was impossible for their marvellous hotel to be advertised at such a low price so the site I had linked to was almost certainly fraudulent – even though I’d booked with the same site at the same price the previous year. I paid ~50% of the advertised Accor rate and, of course, it was not fraudulent.

I never trust any BPG.

chrism20 89 posts

It’s not even 9am and I think I’ve peaked for the day following an IHG BPG success.

The worst of it was I actually contacted the property yesterday with screenshots and asked them to match it and I got a reply saying “Sometimes Booking dot com is cheaper”.

Submitted the BRG this morning and received a response within an hour saying the claim has been deemed valid.

Peter K 553 posts

Good for you!

PeteM 714 posts

Congratulations, most unusual!

I’ve had exactly that Booking.com-style response from a small independent hotel. I get people generally responding to emails are not the owners, but still infuriatingly silly!

AnotherUser 181 posts

Does the Railcard rate mean you don’t get points from the stay?

Super Secret Stuff 364 posts

You do get points, like you do on corporate rates

dst87 264 posts

You still get points etc. for a railcard rate.

AnotherUser 181 posts

Thanks!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.