Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express “Import” FHR booking into hotel system – IHG no reward nights and points

• chrischris2202 29 posts

Wanted to check if anyone here has experience with this: My FHR bookings for Hyatt, Marriott and Hilton hotels automatically show up on the respective websites as I include my loyalty number on the booking. I also receive status nights and points for these stays and often also some benefits from programmes where I hold status. This does not seem to be the case with IHG properties (both Intercontinental and Regent) – I was just told by an Amex agent that I would not received reward nights and points at all at those, I’m quite surprised, should I try again?

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

With IHG you normally have to add the booking to your account yourself – this is certainly the case with bookings via Emyr so I imagine it applies to FHR as well.

Lula 204 posts

@northernlass Would this work for a booking via BA holidays? And would diamond benefits apply? I know strictly rules are that they don’t apply for third party bookings but looking at FT reports vary.

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Do you mean for IHG hotels? I’ve never booked one as part of a BA Holiday. Hiltons usually at least partly honour status, e.g. give you free breakfast and upgrade but not points and night credits. But it’s at their discretion and isn’t guaranteed.
    I doubt the IHG website would recognise a BA booking ref though, the ones generated by booking via Emyr are the same format that IHG uses.

duggie1982 263 posts

I had booked hilton via ba.com twice now, managed IHG to add the first booking to my app no problem after using the online ‘contact us’ form but on the second booking the advisor was having none of it just stating they cannot add as its 3rd party booking.

So 50% success rate lol

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Hilton or IHG?

chrischris2202 29 posts

I managed to add the IHG booking onto my account, but this was manually done by the agent. When I try to go into the booking it gives me an error message on both the app and the website.

Supergers49 225 posts

Booked through FHR at IC many times, never not had the booking add itself to my IHG account and never not had my status recognised. On the recognition point, it often pays to send a courteous email in advance of your visit, ostensibly to enquire about some sort of policy/offer but at the same time supply the bookings #s and your IHG Rewards membership #.

Note: I believe if you take the “pre-pay” FHR option, then you won’t get status recognition.

chrischris2202 29 posts

Booked through FHR at IC many times, never not had the booking add itself to my IHG account and never not had my status recognised. On the recognition point, it often pays to send a courteous email in advance of your visit, ostensibly to enquire about some sort of policy/offer but at the same time supply the bookings #s and your IHG Rewards membership #.

Note: I believe if you take the “pre-pay” FHR option, then you won’t get status recognition.

You are lucky I believe. Just did another booking for the IC Porto and a couple of days later still nothing showing. Have phoned Amex today who seem to be a bit clueless about it and refused to add it manually for me, trying the IC directly now :/

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Could you not add it yourself via your IHG account?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.