Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Inbound leg using 2-4-1 (plus) voucher which was used already for outbound

• Vit 158 posts

Hello, I am sure this has been discussed and it would be very much appreciated if you can direct me the link please?

Basically, I have just booked outbound exINV – HND using BA amex (plus) voucher. As I only have one voucher I now cannot use this to search for “additional” seat for the return leg which (I know) were there on the date I was looking for. Can I just call in to speak to CSA to book for me and link both PNRs?

Thank you so much!

NorthernLass 7,586 posts

I’m not sure how you managed to see your inbound seat when you were booking the outbound, surely you would have booked a return trip in that case? But yes, call BA asap and ask them to add the return so you don’t lose your return seats. That said, I don’t know whether it’s ever been confirmed here that BA agents can “see” the extra availability without an unused voucher so let us know how you get on.

Vit 158 posts

@Anna, I did separate searches on the inbound for either from HND or SIN under 2-4-1 (plus) voucher. That’s why I knew under the (plus) voucher there are availabilities from SIN on my preferred date but then I was stupid enough to book just outbound leg online without calling BA. I called in and they added the inbound leg from SIN without any issues. 🙂

NorthernLass 7,586 posts

That makes sense now, your first post didn’t mention it was an open jaw booking! You would have had to call BA anyway to do it, so you’ve lost nothing, glad you got your booking sorted – and thanks for the datapoint on the new voucher 😁

Vit 158 posts

Thanks @Anna. They hold the seats for us now as I was not fully sure about the surcharge & tax. So the CSA is asking the back-office now. SIN-EDI via LHR for 2 adults and 1 infant was quoted for £870. When I did it online it was £720….

lastcall 12 posts

I have a similar question, I would like to book using Amex BA companion voucher (241) to go to Singapore for Christmas next year. I’m planning to go the end of November and return first week in January. If I book the end of November when it becomes available soon, can I then book the return when that comes available in January and still use the voucher?

NorthernLass 7,586 posts

Yes – you can either call BA and ask them to add the return leg to your booking, or make the booking online if you have enough avios and then request 50% of the avios back. There are pros and cons to each method, you’d do well to read the various articles and threads on here about the 241 and the best way to secure your return leg.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.