Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Intercontinental Hong Kong – experiences?

• dahokolomoki 103 posts

Planning a trip to HK. Looked at the Regent as well as the IC, and while the Regent looks stunning, leaning towards the IC as I have a Confirmable Suite Upgrade milestone voucher, and the suites are definitely a huge value upgrade from the base rooms.

Has anyone stayed in a suite at the IC Hong Kong? Any thoughts and feedback?

Has anyone used a CSU to get a suite from the base room? Was it straightforward?

strickers 656 posts

Stayed in January, it was pretty awful. This is what I wrote in my trip report:

I had originally booked the Conrad but changed to the Intercontinental Grand Stanford, big mistake. My logic was sound, I need a hotel in central London in July, Hilton have extended my Diamond status and the IC was £170 a night. The first night was pleasant enough with the lounge being open and the free flow Moet going down well. Breakfast the next morning was a disappointing experience, the lounge was now closed for refurbishment, something they hadn’t communicated in advance. They had set up a temporary lounge above the lobby and next to the main restaurant, it was freezing, the AC was running too cold, and the lobby doors were open. To give them credit, heaters were provided on the second morning, but we had to move twice to find somewhere warm. I believe they have now moved the lounge into a function room whilst the original one is being refurbished, a function room without windows! The hotel itself just looks tired, carpets are stained, most of the staff appear disinterested, it’s perhaps a Crowne Plaza at best, I won’t be back.

I’m not sure what the current lounge offering is, I think they moved it away from the lobby.

dahokolomoki 103 posts

Thanks strickers… that does sound like quite a bad experience!

What about the rooms? I’m going to go into a suite with the CSU – did you stay in a suite? How are the rooms?

strickers 656 posts

The room was OK buy nothing special, it was only two nights so didn’t bother with a CSU. They offered to move me for the second night but I couldn’t be bothered.

John 1,001 posts

I don’t know about the Regent now, but when it was the main IC there was a reason it always commanded higher rates than the Grand Stanford

Hilda M 61 posts

Just stayed 3 nights at the Regent & very happy with my stay though no upgrade from Premium Harbour View (I always try to book a room I will be comfortable with if no upgrade forthcoming, so not a major disappointment)

The pleasant surprise was that Club Lounge was included because I have a Lounge Access Pass or whatever it’s called. I had thought the Regent brand was excluded.

HampshireHog 120 posts

I’m questioning renewing my IC ambassador membership it’s becoming so niche, they added Kimpton in the pandemic then took it away. The original HK IC was splendid now a Regent so useless to me

dahokolomoki 103 posts

Hilda, thanks for the feedback on The Regent! Really tempted to book there as it ticks all my boxes but the IC at less than half the price is tempting me…

strickers 656 posts

Hilda, thanks for the feedback on The Regent! Really tempted to book there as it ticks all my boxes but the IC at less than half the price is tempting me…

The much lower rate was what tempted me, I really wish it hadn’t!

JDB 4,393 posts

Hotels in HK are struggling at the moment so I’m sure that if you contact the Regent directly you will be able to narrow the gap very considerably if not even match it with some valuable inclusions.

iamfugly 28 posts

That TST East district where the IC Stanford is has gone downhill a lot over the last few years. I could not recommend any hotel in that area at the moment.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.