Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Intercontinental Istanbul

• Egbert_II 4 posts

I’m considering the intercontinental istanbul for a redemption next summer. The IHG app is telling me a standard room (looks like a king size bed) sleeps 3 people. Can anyone comment on whether the hotel is happy to provide a rollaway bed for a child? Or do they expect 3 in a bed?

Any other feedback on the hotel would be good. At 77000 points per night it’s pricier than I expected – so would be good to hear whether it’s worth it.

Richie 992 posts

The rooms are dated and not really big enough for a child’s bed. The top floor bar and restaurant has great views and is open to non-residents. I’d look at other possibilities.

qc 207 posts

It depends on your status with IHG – we stayed a couple of weeks ago and were upgraded to a junior suite although we were on a paid stay. The rooms are dated as stated but it’s very comfortable.

Contact them to see what provision would be for a bed for the child.

Egbert_II 4 posts

It depends on your status with IHG – we stayed a couple of weeks ago and were upgraded to a junior suite although we were on a paid stay. The rooms are dated as stated but it’s very comfortable.

Contact them to see what provision would be for a bed for the child.

I’m diamond elite at the moment but have hardly travelled this year. I guess next summer I’ll have dropped down a level.

Guernsey Globetrotter 587 posts

I’m diamond elite at the moment but have hardly travelled this year. I guess next summer I’ll have dropped down a level.

You can normally extend Diamond Elite by taking our Ambassador membership. Have a look in this thread – it’s definitely covered on the last page or so…
    https://www.headforpoints.com/forums/topic/join-ambassador-and-earn-20000-points-september-2022-offer/page/4/

Egbert_II 4 posts

Thanks Guernsey Globetrotter. That’s a really helpful tip. Hoping to do the sleeper train Istanbul-Bucharest. The Athenee Palace in Bucharest has now become an Intercontinental, should be a good summer!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.