Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards InterContinental Rome Ambasciatori Palace

• Hilda M 61 posts

Got a call from IHG today to cancel my early April 4 nights booking. Offered 50k as compensation.

Interesting 🤨 I have a booking 9th to 13th April (3 nights at 40k and one was 93k) … as it was a “special” rate, I’m generally not inclined to make a fuss (yes, I know, am I on the wrong site?!) So, I actually tried to cancel the booking yesterday and couldn’t get a confirmation. Maybe, I should indeed wait for a call 🙂

Gary 293 posts

Booking this IC for Oct with AMB weekend voucher using cash. I am diamond elite. Can one book this via a Virtuso agent? Would they offer anything in addition to booking online?

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,095 posts

Booking this IC for Oct with AMB weekend voucher using cash. I am diamond elite. Can one book this via a Virtuso agent? Would they offer anything in addition to booking online?

It’s available on IHG LuxLife agent rate; no need to do it via Virtuoso.

TGLoyalty 535 posts

They can’t with your Amb voucher but if you want to add on extra nights then yep give Emyr a shout via the link on here

phantomchickenz 314 posts

I’ve had a quote from Emyr there. He can’t combine with AMB voucher. I also couldn’t seem to book direct with my AMB weekend voucher- let us know if you have any joy

Paul B 224 posts

This property won’t have a club lounge correct?

Bizarrely no

JDB 4,381 posts

Bizarrely no

I’m not sure why it’s bizarre; the best hotels in Europe don’t have them and this place has aspirations. The experience of gannets / freeloaders in lounges will ensure better hotels cease to offer them.

Bizarrely no

I’m not sure why it’s bizarre; the best hotels in Europe don’t have them and this place has aspirations. The experience of gannets / freeloaders in lounges will ensure better hotels cease to offer them.

If it has aspirations why didn’t it affiliate to Mandarin Oriental or such like? Intercontinental equates to a Conrad or a good JW Marriott. So long as that’s the market segment they’re in, the absence of a lounge will remain baffling.

Gary 293 posts

I’ve had a quote from Emyr there. He can’t combine with AMB voucher. I also couldn’t seem to book direct with my AMB weekend voucher- let us know if you have any joy

Managed to book via IHG website direct when logged in.

ntshstrk 6 posts

Hi all, I just got off the phone with InterContinental Rome after what seemed to be like two hours on the phone with IHG. I have a reservation for this hotel from April 30 – May 4 and our dates are set because of a life event we’re attending in the region. I saw that the hotel website has now moved accepting reservations from April 17 onwards to May 2 onwards, which really worried me! So I gave IHG a call (I am Diamond + Ambassador) and was on the phone with them for hours trying to figure this out, because the hotel wasn’t answering and they we’re generous enough to make something work for me on those dates. Well, before the rep did cancellations and whatnot, she called the hotel one last time, and they picked up. I managed to talk to the hotel and they said they are definitely opening on April 17, and almost all rooms are finished with furniture being delivered daily. They’ve closed reservations for earlier dates to make sure there are enough rooms for the reservations they already have.

You can call up the hotel office to confirm, but they were pretty certain on the phone that they are opening on April 17.

What was the offer IHG were willing to do for you if IC hadn’t answered the phone? I am staying 28 April – 01 May.

17 April opening date now being reported publicly: https://cpp-luxury.com/new-luxury-hotel-openings-in-rome-italy/

Michael C 667 posts

Obvs. chose 17 April so as not to have to honour any Easter bookings in Rome…

Hope it all works out for those visiting later – looking forward to first reports!

Lady London 2,052 posts

Hmmmm good luck

meta 1,441 posts

Exactly @LadyLondon 😂

chelseafifi 53 posts

Well I have got absolutely nowhere with my end of March booking, I did two IHG in app chats early Feb, they rang hotel and spoke to “Alice” who confirmed absolutely the hotel would be ready and open for my stay, I was not to worry. I then called IHG and was on phone for over hour whilst they looked into if hotel would be open end March, they said they had been told to move guests to Indigo, ended up getting cut off on phone before anything was resolved, no return call, even though they had taken my number in case the line dropped. I have now emailed 3 times and it’s just getting worse the customer service. Basically Indigo is fully booked for my dates, they are recommending Holiday Inn or Crown Plaza!!!
    I am Diamond status and joined Ambassador only cause I had this hotel booked!
    I’m loosing the will on this one, I’ve now booked a little B&B for our stay.

ntshstrk 6 posts

What was the offer IHG were willing to do for you if IC hadn’t answered the phone? I am staying 28 April – 01 May.

The rep was about to confirm with Sixth Senses if they still had rewards nights (it was showing up as available on my end but not at theirs). I wasn’t quite there yet with the points for that hotel, but I have a number of business events contracted with IHG hotels across three continents in the next three months, so rep said she would get approval from their supervisor to gift me points for loyalty. She was really doubtful Sixth Senses still had rewards nights so she called IC again and they picked up. She confirmed with them, relayed the message to me, and I asked to be connected to the hotel because I wanted to hear myself.

meta 1,441 posts

Well I have got absolutely nowhere with my end of March booking, I did two IHG in app chats early Feb, they rang hotel and spoke to “Alice” who confirmed absolutely the hotel would be ready and open for my stay, I was not to worry. I then called IHG and was on phone for over hour whilst they looked into if hotel would be open end March, they said they had been told to move guests to Indigo, ended up getting cut off on phone before anything was resolved, no return call, even though they had taken my number in case the line dropped. I have now emailed 3 times and it’s just getting worse the customer service. Basically Indigo is fully booked for my dates, they are recommending Holiday Inn or Crown Plaza!!!
    I am Diamond status and joined Ambassador only cause I had this hotel booked!
    I’m loosing the will on this one, I’ve now booked a little B&B for our stay.

Send an email to IHG CEO and ask them to pay for the bill of a new hotel. You won’t get anywhere with CS. If you want your case be heard louder write a bad review on TA or post/comment on their social media preferably under a cheerful promo post.

DonLee 214 posts

An email from InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula shows how they are going to do when they couldn’t fulfil the booking.

Our records indicate that you recently booked a Reward Night reservation(s) at the InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort. Due to a high number of Reward Night bookings at this property, we are offering select members a Free Night Certificate in exchange for cancelling their Reward Nights) at InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort. In order to receive your Free Night Certificate, please cancel your current Reward Nights) reservation at InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort by April 5, 2023.
    You will receive a Free Night Certificate for each Reward Night you cancel. The Free Night Certificate is valid to use for up to 370 days from the date the certificate is deposited into your IHG One Rewards account and at any IHG Hotel & Resort (with a point redemption amount of 100,000 points or less)*. If you choose to cancel your Reward Nights, your Free Night Certificate(s) will be deposited by April 21, 2023.

NorthernLass 7,581 posts

Should we all book the IC Danang then?! This is a world away from the tussle I had when I was trying to get an alternative to the CP MAN and their suggestion was to book myself into the HI at 3 times the price, lol.

DonLee 214 posts

Should we all book the IC Danang then?! This is a world away from the tussle I had when I was trying to get an alternative to the CP MAN and their suggestion was to book myself into the HI at 3 times the price, lol.

Also the booking with IC Danang were made last year with huge discount/bug period. Only cost 16k or 35k points per night.

Crafty 150 posts

Hi all, I just got off the phone with InterContinental Rome after what seemed to be like two hours on the phone with IHG. I have a reservation for this hotel from April 30 – May 4 and our dates are set because of a life event we’re attending in the region. I saw that the hotel website has now moved accepting reservations from April 17 onwards to May 2 onwards, which really worried me! So I gave IHG a call (I am Diamond + Ambassador) and was on the phone with them for hours trying to figure this out, because the hotel wasn’t answering and they we’re generous enough to make something work for me on those dates. Well, before the rep did cancellations and whatnot, she called the hotel one last time, and they picked up. I managed to talk to the hotel and they said they are definitely opening on April 17, and almost all rooms are finished with furniture being delivered daily. They’ve closed reservations for earlier dates to make sure there are enough rooms for the reservations they already have.

You can call up the hotel office to confirm, but they were pretty certain on the phone that they are opening on April 17.

Thanks so much for sharing. You have saved me a lot of time after also having noticed the message in the app.

Bad news from FT forums. As of last weekend the hotel was still an unfurnished building site.

Crafty 150 posts

Emailed yesterday and received this:

“Thank you for choosing the InterContinental Rome Ambasciatori Palace for such a special stay.

As you may know, the hotel has been undergoing a major refurbishment process, which is currently on the final phase of completion and based on the latest schedule, it is expected to open on 17th of April.

At the moment the works are mostly concentrated on furniture layout in our common spaces, lighting setup and the general tests that maintenance must complete before opening. All the rooms, the Scarpetta NYC restaurant and both our lounge bars are fully completed.

Please be reassured that, it will be our very first priority to keep our precious guests updated on real-time basis, should we be made aware of any delay, any time in the future.

Looking forward to giving you our warm welcome in our amazing property, I send you my kindest regards.”

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.