Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club International Cal Centre (Return Flight)

• ahow35 12 posts

I need to book our Avios return flight and have just noticed that the American call centre closes at midnight.

I know the Japanese number will be open, but I am concerned about navigating the call options in a language I cannot understand.

I see that the Austrian number (0061 1300 767 177) will be open, but cannot find any stories of people being successful calling this number.

Can anyone offer any guidance as I was planning on speaking to an agent for midnight on the dot.

AndyGWP 275 posts

when do you need to book it? (is it tonight?)

my recollection of calling other countries is that there was an English menu option… worth a practice call to the Japanese number to see what it says?

ahow35 12 posts

when do you need to book it? (is it tonight?)

my recollection of calling other countries is that there was an English menu option… worth a practice call to the Japanese number to see what it says?

Yeah, I was intending on calling tonight, just before midnight to get through to an agent for midnight or just after.

I have just listened to all of the call options and after a minute of Japanese, it goes through the options again in English.

I assume this may be better than the Australian number then.

AFKAE 147 posts

On one of the occasions I did this I was chit chatting with the agent to while away a few minutes to get to midnight and she told me that their shift allows for going past midnight to complete bookings.

SamG 1,644 posts

I recently called the US number coincidentally at midnight about a UuA and the agent told me he wouldn’t do it as his shift was ending ! That would have been a disaster if it was a 2-4-1

Aus number via Skype worked fine and of course their shift isn’t ending so that’s the one I’d use

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.