Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes ITA Airways Volare FF programme status match – upgraded?

• The Original Nick 112 posts

Hi – Has anyone had their accounts updraded inline with the status match that went on?

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    AndyGWP 276 posts

Has it all formally launched then?

The Original Nick 112 posts

Not sure but I just remember reading somewhere that January would be the month that accounts would get upgraded. Guess we’ll just have to be patient

AndyGWP 276 posts

Had a quick check of here: https://www.itaspa.com/en_en/volare/volare-program/theprogram.html

Doesn’t seem to be any further updates since what was announced in November as of yet…

MilesOnPoint 80 posts

Update: Digital elite cards sent via email (17:28, 17/01/2022)

ITA sent an email out around 10mins ago confirming that Premium level (2nd highest, I match from TK Gold) equates to Sky Team Elite Plus.

Digital card is not yet showing in ITA app yet but hopefully this will be updated soon.

Status expiry listed as “01/2023”, one assumes that will be 31st January 2023. Hopefully plenty of time to sample the KLM Crown lounge at Schiphol

MilesOnPoint 80 posts

*I matched from Turkish airlines Gold

jayjay 74 posts

Just got mine too, who else matched from BA Exec Club? What level did you get?

QwertyKnowsBest 301 posts

BA Silver to Premium

Reeferman 36 posts

Got mine today too:
    BA Gold to Executive

Jacob 223 posts

Seems like we don’t get full access to all SkyTeam lounges? The email said 12 lounges, and they just published the list here:

https://www.itaspa.com/en_en/fly-ita/airports/lounges.html

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

You DO get full access. SkyTeam rules are SkyTeam rules.

Except …. download the ITA app and it shows your status as expiring on 31 1 2022, so good luck with that.

jayjay 74 posts

BA Silver to Premium

Thanks, got the same.

Jacob 223 posts

Except …. download the ITA app and it shows your status as expiring on 31 1 2022, so good luck with that.

Confusing they mention the 12 lounges then 🤷‍♂️…

My app says 01/23 which I read as 31 January 2023.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

Interesting – that looks like the Android app, so perhaps just the Apple one is a dud?

Mine says ‘Expiri’ (not Expiry) and has no slash between 01 and 22.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    MilesOnPoint 80 posts

Conversely, my card (Premium) still isn’t showing up in the ITA app on my Android (Pixel 6) phone. Just a green card with Volare on it

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

Conversely, my card (Premium) still isn’t showing up in the ITA app on my Android (Pixel 6) phone. Just a green card with Volare on it

Mine showed that but when I upgraded the app it showed OK.

AndyGWP 276 posts

Interesting – that looks like the Android app, so perhaps just the Apple one is a dud?

Mine says ‘Expiri’ (not Expiry) and has no slash between 01 and 22.

just checked – same for me (iphone)

Jacob 223 posts

Has anyone been able to actually use the membership number anywhere?

Trying to book some flights for March with Air France where I need the extra baggage allowance (and priority seating) but Voltare is not an option on FF selection (though still has Alitalia there).

My App isn’t and won’t upgrade to reflect my new status that has been confirmed by email. I’ve uninstalled the App and reinstalled but still no change..

KP 27 posts

Lounge access and other benefits are only available from March onwards, as per the website.

https://www.itaspa.com/en_en/volare/volare-program/theprogram.html

Alex Sm 4 posts

Well, this page also says that it was last modified “52 years, 1 month ago” but we know that it’s not the case, right…

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Jacob 223 posts

Clearly that’s not the case, judging from people’s experiences of being turned away documented at FT and even on here (see today’s article)… I’ll probably avoid trying to use the status for now.

bartas8891 37 posts

A friend of mine used ITA card to get access to the lounge in BRU without any issues. Though he had a connection flight in MAD (UX airline) and was not able to enter the lounge in Madrid.

Strange times…

Mine has now upgraded and showing on my App.

MilesOnPoint 80 posts

Ditto (Pixel 6, Android phone), now showing Digital Premium Card with Sky Team Elite Plus Logo in app.

01/23 (January 31st,one assumes) is the expiry date on the card.

Who know if this will end up switching to Star Gold if the lufthansa acuisition goes through…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.