Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• MiddleEngland 26 posts

Hi. I have been through the ITA Volare status match, TAP Gold to Volare Executive. I still have not being officially notified or my card updated. Am I alone?

Froggee 901 posts

I doubt it. I had an email a couple of days after firing off a copy of my BA gold saying I’d been accepted and they’d be in touch.

Since then – nothing and my account status is still shown as Smart.

But I have 90,000 qualifying points on my account which I assume will result in Executive status at some point.

James Harper 3 posts

For anyone interested, there is a further opportunity for a status match to Volare, details here:

https://www.ita-airways.com/en_it/volare/promotions.html

dahokolomoki 103 posts

Thanks James! This has made my day…. as I happen to have an ITA flight coming up!

Looks like they’ve now added that condition since the last time they ran this promo – you need an ITA flight booked before you can request the status match.

Quick question for those that have the ITA Premium status already – it gives lounge access – but I presume you have to fly an ITA flight or a Skyteam flight. And does it include a +1?

Wiseoldman 70 posts

includes a +1

dahokolomoki 103 posts

Thanks Wiseoldman!

Now just waiting to hear back via email whether my status match has been approved…. hoping they’re not deluged this time, given there is a requirement for an issued ticket on ITA to qualify for a status match.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.