Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes ITA Volare Premium status with Vietnam Airlines

• Lula 203 posts

Hi – apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. I did look and couldn’t find it.

We’re doing a trip to Thailand/Vietnam/Singapore very soon, and have some flights booked with Vietnam Airlines. I matched my BA silver to ITA Volare last year, and may just now get to use it before it expires. I’ve added our numbers to the booking, but was wondering if there’s any chance of lounge access? Any experience so far?

The ITA website still says that lounge access based on bilateral agreements, but I see that others have managed to get it on KLM.

It’s not a huge deal either way, but a free drink in an airport always goes down slightly better than one you’ve paid for 🙂

SGJNI 69 posts

Hi
    Similar problem for me. Matched BA Gold to Premium ITA and have since renewed Virgin Gold hoping they will join before I fly. Will either work?
    In passing , my ITA account is showing 90,000 points. I have never flown with them!

Comrade Chag 79 posts

Hi Lula. Where are you flying from and to with Vietnam Airlines?

Lula 203 posts

@comradechag From Bangkok to Nha Trang, then Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh. And possibly on from there but not yet sure where to.

HChris 1 post

Flew BKK to HAN last week with VN and had my ITA number added. Status was recognized, I received lounge access and could use Sky Priority lanes for security (and even more helpful) special immigration line in Hanoi. VN uses Miracle Lounges in BKK and they’re very underwhelming. I will check out the Lotus Lounges on Monday when I have a domestic trip booked.

Not sure if you also receive extra baggage or not, as my fare already included a checked bag.

Lula 203 posts

@HChris super helpful thanks.

Comrade Chag 79 posts

Lula – sorry for the delay.

I flew Vietnam Airlines a couple time this month. You will NOT have lounge access on the domestic legs unless you are connecting to an international flight with VN. So, Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh you won’t have lounge access. I used both Lotus lounges in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi and they are underwhelming.

Having said that, you really don’t miss anything. If you are spending more money to fly with VN to take advantage of your SkeTeam status instead of flying with some of the low cost carriers over there, I can safely say it’s not worth it.

ffwd 58 posts

ITA worked today for lounge access at Sungapore whilst flying economy with vietnam airlines.

Check-in had not put anything on our boarding pass but guy in lounge contacted them to get us through (incl 1 guest)

Lula 203 posts

@comradechag @ffwd thanks both.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.