Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Japan 2022 – will it open up?

• cinereus 161 posts

Is it possible to do polls on this dodgy forum software? Apparently not.

When do you think travel will open up to Japan?

https://doodle.com/poll/2h44futna5b4ch9b

FFoxSake 217 posts

Hopefully before the F1 in early October 2022!

Ikaz 7 posts

British Airways seems to think that it won’t be open just yet, they just cancelled my flight to Tokyo in March 🙁

cinereus 161 posts

ANA have put on loads of flights till March but I definitely can’t see it happening. Is there any way to get in with something like a business meeting or a house viewing?

astra19 53 posts

My Tokyo flight in March has been cancelled too; BA no longer advertising flights to Tokyo at all.

meta 1,439 posts

ANA have put on loads of flights till March but I definitely can’t see it happening. Is there any way to get in with something like a business meeting or a house viewing?

They will probably open up again after New Years for business travellers. You need an invitation from a company and go through a quite an onerous process to get an entry certificate.

cinereus 161 posts

They will probably open up again after New Years for business travellers. You need an invitation from a company and go through a quite an onerous process to get an entry certificate.

Ah, that’s good to know but annoying.

andypanderinio 5 posts

I’m really hoping to go to Japan next year. I’ve collected enough avios and a 241 voucher to go business class with a friend. Given the uncertainty around springtime, we may go in autumn instead

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.