Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Keeping couples together (Club World)

• dst87 263 posts

I’ve been keeping an eye on the seat booking site and have noticed seats starting to fill up in the Club World cabin in which we’re book (old seat) for a forthcoming flight. With no status, we’re stuck waiting to reserve and I’m not keen to pay the £80-90 / person / leg to pick a seat.

Do BA typically keep folks together (i.e., will they have ‘shadow-allocated’ a seat on the system automatically) or is there a likelihood of us being completely split up? I’m not expecting great seats given the inability to book, but I’d prefer not to be on the opposite side of the cabin.

Last time in CW (day flight only) we had window / aisle and it was fine. Based on seat plan it looks like we might be middle/aisle – how crap is that for a couple?

masaccio 719 posts

BA does try and dit people together but even if you end up separated, some ad hoc rearrangement with other people will be easy enough. If you don’t mind flying in the middle ‘couples’ seats then moving people around to grab a pair of those is likely to be very easy once you are in the cabin. Solo travellers in those seats are very likely to be happy to move to an aisle seat.

dst87 263 posts

BA does try and dit people together but even if you end up separated, some ad hoc rearrangement with other people will be easy enough. If you don’t mind flying in the middle ‘couples’ seats then moving people around to grab a pair of those is likely to be very easy once you are in the cabin. Solo travellers in those seats are very likely to be happy to move to an aisle seat.

Ah, to clarify the cabin layout is 2-3-2, so there is no middle pair available. I think we’re likely to be middle + aisle.

We can try to negotiate with folks on board if necessary.

strickers 656 posts

I’ve never paid to reserve and I’ve never been too far from the Mrs. Much less of a problem in Club than PE or Economy.

masaccio 719 posts

Ah, to clarify the cabin layout is 2-3-2, so there is no middle pair available. I think we’re likely to be middle + aisle.

We can try to negotiate with folks on board if necessary.

In that case middle + aisle would be a good choice regardless.

Tariq 79 posts

We prefer middle and aisle as I don’t mind flying backwards but my wife rather faces forwards. The window between the seats allows interaction.

dst87 263 posts

In that case middle + aisle would be a good choice regardless.

Great, thanks! That makes me feel a bit better.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.