Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club KLM not recognising Flying Club details

• Oli W 2 posts

Has anyone else had issues entering their Flying Club details into a KLM booking? Have got a trip booked so have tried to add it to the booking and it just comes back as number not recognised. Is there a simple trick I’m missing or do I need to phone up and wait in a queue for hours?

Thanks

Kip 6 posts

Last time I did it you just selected your scheme then entered your FC number. All the SkyTeam schemes were available. Points and tier miles posted day after the flight. Check you’re not logging in under an existing Flying Blue account, that might be restrictive.

AL 577 posts

Usually works fine but, if it doesn’t, then they can add it at check-in if you get perks from status. Failing that, or if you don’t, you can request credit retrospectively.

Panda Mick 40 posts

I’m having trouble with Singapore airlines too: Their system didn’t recognise my VS number, so was refused entry into the lounge in Changi. London wasn’t a problem as they saw in the app that I was gold

Incidentally, my SQ trip 10 days ago hasn’t appeared in my VS account either, which I suspect is related.

readingatdawn 4 posts

I am also having problems getting my flying club number recognised by KLM system. Not been able to at all the last couple of times.

ChrD 3 posts

I’ve also had this issue. It doesn’t say “number but recognised”, in fact it appears to be accepted — but on checking back there’s no sign of it.

captaindave 113 posts

Yep I have same issue with KLM flights.

Is it worth bothering for return flight to BKK ? If so, who do you chase, KLM or Virgin ?

Ta

ts84 4 posts

Not so much of a problem entering it, but after entering it doesn’t show the record once you move off the page on the KLM website. Not the best user experience.

My problem is that KLM seemingly only recognises my account as silver, despite being Gold. This means battling the queues in Schiphol and no lounge access. Tried sorting with Virgin twice and with KLM and no luck at all.

Fraser 53 posts

I added VS to a booking in Concur but when checking in with Air France it then defaulted back to Flying Club so I had to change it at check-in, which seemed to confuse the lady looking after me. Complicating matters further by stopping in the lounge on my return via CDG and breaking out the ITA card to get lounge access, which was REALLY confusing for the desk staff (which airline is this? do we recognise it? even with economy tickets?)

Fraser 53 posts

Update to say that despite the VS number being on the itinerary, both boarding passes, and confirmed by check-in and gate staff at each airport, the flights still ended up being credited to Air France rather than Virgin. Is there an easy way to resolve this, and to ensure they credit correctly in future?

Tricky 3 posts

Did anyone ever come up with a solution to this issue? I have an upcoming KLM flight I’d like to credit to Virgin flying club but as with other posters it shows the pop up message “We could not find this flying club number” .

Thanks

captaindave 113 posts

I managed to get VFC points awarded retrospectively for 3 out of 4 KLM flights ( one was in class X apparently so didnt qualify )
    by emailing VAPartnerPoints@fly.virgin.com with the relevant details ( as advised by a helpful person on HfP )

NY-LON 5 posts

I wonder if there is a broader issue. On the thread around whether VS status is being recognized by Delta, I also noted that although they accepted my number they wouldn’t recognize my status. At time they said it was a Virgin issue. Of course Virgin blamed Delta. But maybe there is a systems issue with Virgin affecting all partners. Is there anyway to bring these issues to Virgin’s attention?

Jan M 58 posts

Not so much of a problem entering it, but after entering it doesn’t show the record once you move off the page on the KLM website. Not the best user experience.

My problem is that KLM seemingly only recognises my account as silver, despite being Gold. This means battling the queues in Schiphol and no lounge access. Tried sorting with Virgin twice and with KLM and no luck at all.

Do you have a card you show even just on your phone? I’d just explain at the business check in at Schiphol. They always seem very friendly and barely look at the ticket.

mzb 64 posts

Booked a KLM flight and indeed VS Silver number was not being accepted. The whatsapp KLM support was able to put it in, but seemingly no benefits appear (nor mention that VS Silver is ST Elite).

I am not too familiar with Skyteam benefits, but shouldn’t some seats on a AMS-LCY KLM flight be available free of charge to a ST Elite (aka VS Silver)? Anyone knows? The whatsapp agent had no clue about it, kept talking about Flying Blue so gave up pursuing. Right now all seats are available for a fee.

AL 577 posts

There appear to be problems with SkyTeam airlines accepting VS as a full SkyTeam member, with this occurring especially on DL/AF/KL (and possibly others). Clearly, it needs resolving.

My best suggestion is that you write to customer.care@fly.virgin.com and inform them of the situation, and you point KL at https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/gb/en/partner-airlines/skyteam.html, which confirms that Silver status should be recognised as SkyTeam Elite. Per https://www.skyteam.com/en/about/faq/elite-elite-plus, an Elite is entitled to preferred seating.

What ‘preferred seating’ is, though, is up for debate. I have not found a definition. This might mean free seat selection, it might mean that some seats are open to you to choose but not to non-Elites.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.