Forums Other Housekeeping Lady London and her Captchas

• AirMax 31 posts

How can we help LL with this?

Clearing cookies?
    Changing VPN?
    Setting up a new forum profile?

Aston100 1,383 posts

It isn’t just her that gets them.

As I suggested elsewhere, in the interim, maybe type replies into a text editor and then copy & paste into the reply box here.

AirMax 31 posts

Good idea.

Is that the same @ladylondon on twitter, as she has a blue tick there?

Tom2 113 posts

Lol why are you obsessed with blue ticks? And don’t let LL tell you differently, she is the same female rap artist as on Twitter.

Lady London 2,052 posts

Doesn’t work on a phone Aston100.

No I am not on Twitter.
    I have an old neglected Flyertalk account, but it’s not as Lady London there. Known as LL in quite a few other places though.

Optimus Prime 61 posts

Is this happening on all platforms or just on an iPhone? Wondering whether you have enabled iCloud Private Relay

Andrew J 769 posts

It’s happening to many of us and it’s a complete pain

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

We are dealing with this. What we think – although we need to see how it works in reality – is that we can get rid of spam protection on the posting page because it will remain on the registration page and bots won’t be able to get past that. Leave it with us.

It’s never come up for any of us in the office though.

Aston100 1,383 posts

Doesn’t work on a phone Aston100.

No I am not on Twitter.
    I have an old neglected Flyertalk account, but it’s not as Lady London there. Known as LL in quite a few other places though.

This is a test message typed out on a notes app on my Android phone. Copy and pasted into hfp.

AirMax 31 posts

@ladylondon if you check your IP on db dash ip dot com, you ‘ll be able to see if your IP is flagged as high risk. I am on a IP with threat level as « low » so I am not getting Captchas.

Lady London 2,052 posts

@ladylondon if you check your IP on db dash ip dot com, you ‘ll be able to see if your IP is flagged as high risk. I am on a IP with threat level as « low » so I am not getting Captchas.

No I’m fine. I have always been intolerant of work tools that don’t work properly – it’s a fault of mine. This is similar.

davefl 1,220 posts

I got captchas on 4 out of 5 messages the other day, most were just a couple of lines, took seconds to write, so it’s not just to do with long messages. I’ve also had several posts disappear after hitting submit that have had no captch and no warning that they’d gone to the moderation queue.

No VPN here, just UK ISP and sending from my laptop at home on my wifi.

AirMax 31 posts

If it helps anyone, this is a paste from the last 3 lines from db dash ip dot com for me:

“isCrawler”: false,
    “isProxy”: false,
    “threatLevel”: “low”

NorthernLass 7,579 posts

I get the Captcha if I try and quote a post which is itself quoting someone else. Just got it before on the Creation thread then immediately after when making a Hilton booking. Bloody boats!

John 1,000 posts

I’ve only had a captcha once and I think I’ve made 30+ posts by now (is there way to see how many)?

SteveJ 979 posts

@Lady London, not sure your replies are being lost, I can only guess they’re going into moderation as they seem to turn up eventually.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

OK, I’ve made a change which SHOULD hide the Captcha if you’re logged in. Let’s see if it works.

Also, try this if you were having problems – https://antcpt.com/score_detector/

It basically gives you a score, based on your ISP and some other stuff, of how likely you are to pass ‘invisible captcha’. You should be 0.9.

CH 16 posts

Ouch, my score is 0.1. (Vodafone, Firefox, no VPN)
    (1.0 is excellent, 0.0 is go away as you’re a sentient robot)
    Ironically turning on a VPN improves it to 0.7

Aston100 1,383 posts

My score is 0.3 which is bad. However I’ve only ever had one captcha on this site to date.

davefl 1,220 posts

Mine’s 0.9 and I’ve had loads of the things. Not today since the change though

memesweeper 1,255 posts

I’ve previously been pestered with captchas which swallowed my comments so I’m hopeful this change fixes things.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.