Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club How to link Virgin Flying Club accounts in a household

• Dale 5 posts

I read that it was now possible to link VA flying club accounts (like BA Household) so that you can share miles between accounts (My wife and I have separate VA credit cards) however I can’t find a way to do this online or via the app – anyone have any idea how to do this easily? Cheers Dale

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Lorelei 2 posts

If you hold Gold elite status with Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, you can create a household account and add up to nine individuals to pool Virgin Points.

Dale 5 posts

Thanks Lorelei. I have Silver status which I read a household account could be created now too but I can’t find anywhere how to do this – i’m trying to avoid calling them as the wait time is high but i’m thinking this must be the only way to do it.

bellap 7 posts

I have the same problem – recent return flight in Upper class gave both my Wife and I points and Silver status, but no clue how to create the household account ??
    Robs article on 9th November says Silver members will be allowed to create household accounts – so a future update in the pipes, not available right now ?

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Dale 5 posts

Managed to do this now – had to call through to the call centre – took them a while but they got there!

AL 577 posts

At some point in recent history, a form has appeared to allow you to request a household account without having to endure a four hour wait: https://help.virginatlantic.com/gb/en/contact-forms.html?webform=household-account-request.

If it doesn’t load, click Flying Club, then Request Household Account, read the terms and fill the form in.

CarpalTravel 363 posts

I know it is said that you can often pool airmiles when booking on the phone but I find it extremely distasteful that I am prevented from officially grouping with my wife purely because I am do not have an advanced status. I cannot think of a single good reason for preventing me from doing so and for me is a huge turn off to the brand.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.