Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club LON-SIN no Avios availability

• BenM 42 posts

Hi there
    I was trying to find reward availability in Club or First from London to Singapore (I’d prefer KUL but BA stopped flying there!)

I can’t see any availability at all for the next year. Is there an issue, have BA pulled them or are they just really popular?

Thanks

Ben

Gary 293 posts

Most likely all booked up at T-355. Could try setting up SeatSpy alerts to see if more seats get released.

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

There are no flights to KUL and BKK (not sure if they have restarted the routes yet). No wonder SIN is so popular.

kaconym 22 posts

There is just no availability. LHR-SIN suffers from being the first leg of London Heathrow to Sydney. This is by far and away BA’s most popular reward flight as it offers the ‘best value’ avios redemption being 180,000 Avios Club Return. If you book through from LHR-SYD you also take up one of the allocated rewards seats on LHR-SIN, this is why there is no availability.

If you want to book a reward flight either for LHR-SIN or LHR-SYD you need to booked a one way seat at midnight GMT (1am BST) exactly 355 days in advance of travel when they release the reward seats. Do the same as a separate booking for the return flight.

If you want to use a companion voucher or upgrade voucher you need to book the outbound as above and then call a overseas BA contact centre that will be open at midnight (USA or China etc) to add the return leg to the booking so the voucher applies to both legs.

ZoeB 88 posts

If you don’t need to use a 241 and SIN isn’t your final destination then a multi carrier redemption might work for you. It is more legwork to get booked.
    Where and when do you want get to?

BenM 42 posts

Hi!
    Thanks for your replies. Ideally I’d like LON > KUL in Mid Nov and then SIN > LON about ten days later. I plan to go to penang and langkawi etc then back from singapore. I do need to use the companion voucher unfortunately which means coming out of the airport then back in from SIN > KUL I guess. Not ideal.
    I will keep an eye on the flights.

BenM 42 posts

Hi
    One more question please.
    I thought I read that this route would have Club Suite by March 23 on BA0015 & 16, but every fake booking or seat guru I look at shows the old style. Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers!

kaconym 22 posts

Think you’ve got it the wrong way round. Route has club suites currently (as of a couple weeks ago) but goes back to old style in March 23. Put it on for the popular Oz summer season while less pressure on aircraft during winter low season for northern hemisphere.

u07ch 63 posts

Im flying BA 15 to Sydney on Friday (7th oct) and its a 787; so definitely not suites. Its a 787 on the return on Thursday next week so I suspect its 787s for a while. Next outbound I have is in December and that is a 777 with only 2 rows of first; so that has suites.

VerdantBacon 141 posts

Have flown this route 3 times since Feb this year, twice in F to SYD and once in J to SIN, all 6 flights were completely full in premium cabins. A route this popular for cash is definitely going to be a struggle to book on points, set up a seat spy alert and be ready to call at 1am and battle it out with everyone else from HfP and FT who are probably doing the same!

Roberto 280 posts

I am flying to SIN on the 1st Nov on a 777 with NCS, hoping to try out the post-covid catering update (allegedly restarts that day) rather than all the food on a single tray al la CE. Back in First later that month (777 with new doors) booked on a new style 241 from Malaga at just £655 for two plus 237500 avios.

Also shoe horning in a visit to Melbourne with Singapore Airlines, Sydney with Qantas and KUL with Malaysian – all business flights booked as awards.

There is avios ability out there but expecting it to be available in six weeks time is unrealistic on pretty much the only SEA route BA have.

NorthernLass 7,473 posts

According to SeatSpy there are currently 4 x J avios seats available inbound from SIN on Sep 24th next year if that’s any use to anyone!

strickers 656 posts

I really do hope BA start reinstating KUL and BKK, very slim pickings for heading East right now.

rashomon 75 posts

I managed to snap up 4xCW to Singapore for August but that was on a T-355 … could only get economy back but not complaining as I know how difficult it is.

I too wish BKK or KUL was an option as I would have returned via that route if possible but instead I’ll go to Bali and do a few days in Singapore.

I have thought about using seatspy to see if I can get an upgrade to premium economy on the run back but I am unsure if I’ll be able to grab 4 … any thoughts on that?

Ladyshopper 108 posts

I am flying to SIN on the 1st Nov on a 777 with NCS, hoping to try out the post-covid catering update (allegedly restarts that day) rather than all the food on a single tray al la CE. Back in First later that month (777 with new doors) booked on a new style 241 from Malaga at just £655 for two plus 237500 avios.

Also shoe horning in a visit to Melbourne with Singapore Airlines, Sydney with Qantas and KUL with Malaysian – all business flights booked as awards.

There is avios ability out there but expecting it to be available in six weeks time is unrealistic on pretty much the only SEA route BA have.

That sounds like amazing value! Was it easier to get this than from London, or did you still need to phone at 1am to secure the seats?

FarAway 33 posts

Resurrecting this old topic as I have been trying to book 2 tickets LON -> SIN for the last week but to no avail. I have been logging on to the site at exactly 1am and there is absolutely nothing available, not even in economy. I am starting to thinking whether it’s an IT issue as I want to use my Barclays upgrade voucher?

FH2 83 posts

Resurrecting this old topic as I have been trying to book 2 tickets LON -> SIN for the last week but to no avail. I have been logging on to the site at exactly 1am and there is absolutely nothing available, not even in economy. I am starting to thinking whether it’s an IT issue as I want to use my Barclays upgrade voucher?

Hi I had the same issue earlier this week and the agent told me there is an IT glitch affecting this route and the usual seats are not being released at 1am. I did manage to book seats as the enhanced availability ones with the BA Premium Plus companion voucher had been released.

FarAway 33 posts

Thanks for sharing FH2. So for someone (like me) that does not have BAPP voucher, what’s the booking process? Do we know what time these seats are released?

Reney 756 posts

Thanks for sharing FH2. So for someone (like me) that does not have BAPP voucher, what’s the booking process? Do we know what time these seats are released?

per the second message on the thread at 355 days out midnight (I think GMT?)

You can try to book online, but best to call, there is a whole thread on booking T-355 and which number to call. It is not fun!

FH2 83 posts

At the moment you would need to call the US call centre (which is actually staffed by agents in Newcastle) at 1am UK time at 355 days out. The “normal” seats (i.e. not enhanced availability ones) should be released at that time as long as the IT glitch they told me about has now been fixed.

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,087 posts

Cash prices on the route are bonkers too. I’ve tried all sorts of combos of cities, ex-EU, etc. and the cheapest I could find was £1900. VS points on AF-KLM has come up with nothing either.

FH2 83 posts

I have just this moment received a SeatSpy alert and there are lots of CW seats available for LHR-SIN-LHR for July 2024 which can be booked with a normal companion voucher – so get in there quick!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.