Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Lyft 3 Honors per $1 or Uber 1% cashback

• Blair Waldorf Salad 1,096 posts

Landing in the US this afternoon. I usually use Uber and get 1% cashback from Curve.

I’ve installed Lyft and linked it to my Honors account at an earn rate of $1:3 points.

Seeking thoughts on what others would choose

davefl 1,218 posts

Use both and pick whichever ride is cheapest at the time. You’ll find it swings around a lot and you’ll save more that way than you do in points or cashback.

Lyft is usually cheapest if you pick the option to wait a few mins longer for your ride.

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,096 posts

Thanks; I should have added “all other things being equal”. I wasn’t aware the price would vary between them to the extent cost savings become meaningful.

ExpatInBerlin 186 posts

I echo @davefl, I find Lyft is usually always cheaper than Uber (sometimes much so) but you can wait a while to get a driver confirmed and even then for them to arrive, irrespective of being in a city centre/further out

Travel Strong 258 posts

3 honors per $ is equivalent to 1% (at baseline redemption value of 0.33 cents per honor point) – so as little as no difference between the two.

Alex G 435 posts

I am buying Hilton Points at 0.4p and get value from them, so I would say Lyft is the better option!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.