Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Madrid – Edition or westin palace

• hugo r 282 posts

Has anyone stayed at the edition Madrid or westin palace ? Wishing to stay at either in Madrid , both of these hotels are coming up at the same redemption points for the dates requested

Not sure which one to book ? Anyone got any recent experiences at either

Cheers

gtellez 162 posts

I have only stayed at the Westin few years ago, it is one of the most iconic in Madrid and the situation for visiting the city is very good, next to most museums. However it was quite dated back then, not sure if it has gone through some refurbishment since then. The Edition is well located too, but since it is a much newer hotel, I would probably go there (I usually prefer modern vs classic hotels).

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,098 posts

What time of year are you going? I went last July when it was 38-40 degrees and ended up choosing the Aloft which had private roof terrace rooms available (now withdrawn from sale) as the other Bonvoy options had limited outdoor space. I spent my first night at the really quite excellent Marriott Madrid Auditorium by the airport – outdoor pool and sun deck, club lounge offering a decent lunch spread, a fantastic main breakfast buffet and only £15ish in an Uber to Gran Via. I’d be inclined to just stay there in future (now I’ve done the tourist trail) and for the massive nightly rate savings suck up the cost of Ubers to/from the city centre once a day.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.