Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Making Avios bookings for friends (and gifting BUV vouchers)

• zio 249 posts

I would like to book reward flights for some friends (family of 4). I would like to upgrade 4 outbound flights to J using 2xBUV. I fear they will need to slum it it Y on the return (again reward bookings). I know the returns will need a separate booking. I will not be travelling.

I do not have a Household account or a Family and Friends list. They do not have BAEC accounts.

Do I understand it correctly?
    a) I will need to put them on a F&F list
    b) To make a F&F list I need to create a HH a/c
    c) They will not need to create BAEC accounts

Many thanks as always for expert advice.

AJA 1,071 posts

I don’t think you need to create a HHA. The F&F list is entirely separate.

zapato1060 639 posts

a) yes
    b) no
    c) no

note, only 5 people can be added to a f&f list for you to use your Avios on. i believe they can be removed after 6 months.

AndrewT 74 posts

The F&F list is a specific feature of an HHA, so if you’re not using the an HHA you don’t need F&F.

Someone who is not in an HHA can book flights for anyone, cash or reward. I’m not aware of the Barclays voucher having any additional restrictions in that regard.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.