Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Marriott Hotel Amex offer – pay at hotel /online prepay

• Skywalker 700 posts

Hi, this particular Amex Offer states “Payment at Hotel” but the hotel website requires prepayment.

So I select the flexible rate tab to see if it is different, and this also seems to require prepayment.

Will the website payment trigger the offer, or is there some other wizardry that I am missing to enable ‘pay at hotel’?

TIA

TGLoyalty 539 posts

All Marriott hotels charge online prepays at the hotel itself therefore it will work fine.

In fact of the major groups only Hilton charges prepay stays booked online directly and that’s only in the USA (and maybe Canada)

Skywalker 700 posts

Great news – thanks for responding @TGLoyalty – Rob’s article today has explained this further 😎

JPG 3 posts

All Marriott hotels charge online prepays at the hotel itself therefore it will work fine.

In fact of the major groups only Hilton charges prepay stays booked online directly and that’s only in the USA (and maybe Canada)

Be careful. I did an advanced booking at the Renaissance at Heathrow and they sent a link to a third party (Prommt) to pay which would not show as Marriott for these bookings. It was sent 14 days prior to the stay.

I haven’t seen this in any other Marriott property globally, but just to be aware.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.