Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Max points per month?

• MingTheMerciless 27 posts

Sorry if I have missed this elsewhere. I have a tiny credit limit on this card and was wondering ai anyone had experience of paying the card more frequently than monthly and churning the credit limit, while still eating points? Atm the max I can earn is 3000 avios a month!

Thanks in advance.

Sprout 31 posts

From my experience, there doesn’t seem to be any limit to the number of payments I make per month. I regularly spend more than my credit limit by paying off as I go.

buchanan101 99 posts

They gave me a £20k limit…yikes… double what I have anywhere else

Maybe because I have a Barclays Premier account

duggie1982 262 posts

I had a low limit and just paid every time i would get near it (a good few times a month) no issues at all.

Momthly, sometimes i have spent 8x my limit whilst earning points. Also just doubled my limit by asking for an increase, i think my spending helped with that

G 32 posts

Have 13k limit and have done 2x a month

MingTheMerciless 27 posts

Thanks for everyone’s responses. I’ll churn away at the limit then. It is frustrating only having 5% of the limit in comparison to other cards I hold.

duggie1982 262 posts

Mine was £2600 so was difficult but doable, recently they have increased to £5200 so a bit better, still at lot lower than others i hold

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.