Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Meet Rhys in Liverpool!

• Rhys
    HfP Staff
    190 posts

Hi folks,

Just a quick note to say I will be in Liverpool this week.

I am wondering if anyone is around/interested for an informal get-together on Wednesday evening? I currently have no plans but will probably plonk myself in the hotel bar! HfP is buying.

Post below if interested and I will email you via your registered forum email address with the detais.

Rhys

Aston100 1,388 posts

I don’t believe this.
    The HFP map of Britain shows “here be dragons” everywhere north of Luton Airport

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,205 posts

That’s why he doesn’t want to leave his hotel 🙂

Richie 987 posts

Is this the start of a series. ‘Meet Rhys in……!’?

Aston100 1,388 posts

Is this the start of a series. ‘Meet Rhys in……!’?

Would be so good.
    Rhys does a tour of the regional wastelands.
    Would love to see him try and use his Amex at Phat Buns Burger Bar Birmingham, as advertised on the door.

Super Secret Stuff 364 posts

I mean its Liverpool, I don’t blame you! Maybe, let us know the details 🙂

Rhys
    HfP Staff
    190 posts

I mean its Liverpool, I don’t blame you! Maybe, let us know the details 🙂

Will email further details Wednesday morning!

Royback 115 posts

Hi Rhys

Absolutely. Please let me know time and place!

NorthernLass 7,547 posts

Liverpool is probably the best northern (as in English) city in terms of entertainment. I was toying with the idea od going to Manchester next weekend but my choices were the Take That musical and a touring display of Egyptian mummies. There’s always Fast X, but we are actually spoilt for choice with cinemas locally (cinemas and ALdis) so no need to go that far!

Bill 169 posts

Arh, I just had a 3 weekends out of the last 4 in Liverpool. I definitely can’t make it for a midweek. Have fun in my home city. I’m now in IOM

Rui N. 831 posts

Rhys, our thoughts are with you in this difficult time.

Philondon 274 posts

Liverpool is probably the best northern (as in English) city in terms of entertainment. I was toying with the idea od going to Manchester next weekend but my choices were the Take That musical and a touring display of Egyptian mummies. There’s always Fast X, but we are actually spoilt for choice with cinemas locally (cinemas and ALdis) so no need to go that far!

I had to endure Fast X at the cinema at the weekend. Terrible film.

can2 460 posts

Rhys, our thoughts are with you in this difficult time.

That made me laugh!

PlaneSpeaking 3 posts

What a lovely offer Rhys – very good of you and I enjoy my annual trips to Liverpool. For your sake though, I just hope the party-going contingent of HfP readers don’t hire a coach…! We’d love to hear back as to how many people join you on Wednesday.

Simon.Powell 1 post

Hi Rhys,

It’s fantastic to be able to engage with the HfP team outside of London. I’m a Liverpool resident and would love to join you for a drink and to pick your brains. Please let me know your location and I shall join you.

Cheers
    Simon

memesweeper 1,253 posts

Sadly I can’t make it. Last year I did a tour (for work) of dozens of English cities and Liverpool was easily the best night out. I’d recommend NQ64 if you need to kill some time alone.

F212 11 posts

Hi Rhys, it would be great to meet you on Wednesday!

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,100 posts

If I finish work on time, I’ll come along

angiemcc 2 posts

Rhys – you will have a ball in Liverpool, currently recovering from an amazing Eurovision experience. I live in Liverpool . let me know where you’ll be – always up for a free drink!

golfmad 1 post

Coincidentally I will be in Liverpool on Wednesday too.

raveon 5 posts

The HfP Northern Summer Party? Please send me details and I’ll see if I can drop by.

No Longer Entitled 117 posts

Conflicts with a Parents Evening for me otherwise I’d drive across. Shame I can’t make it but I really welcome the initiative. Hopefully it’s a good night for all and maybe generates a repeat or two in the years ahead.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,205 posts

Conflicts with a Parents Evening for me otherwise I’d drive across. Shame I can’t make it but I really welcome the initiative. Hopefully it’s a good night for all and maybe generates a repeat or two in the years ahead.

I think the numbers here are a good reason for not doing it again 🙂

We can’t go to Barclays and ask for £1,000 sponsorship for a regional event when we can’t get 10 people together for free drinks in Liverpool.

We’ll sell 500 tickets for the London event within 10 minutes (hopefully!).

AnotherRandomPerson 16 posts

In fairness, this is kindof short notice.

(why is the report button so easy to press by accident when pressing quote aaaaaa)

tw33ty 187 posts

I think the numbers here are a good reason for not doing it again 🙂

We can’t go to Barclays and ask for £1,000 sponsorship for a regional event when we can’t get 10 people together for free drinks in Liverpool.

We’ll sell 500 tickets for the London event within 10 minutes (hopefully!).

Now you’ve said there are free drinks, you’ll be overwhelmed with number lol

But a bit short notice for most, but very nice to see it happening.

A week or two notice and you’d have had a lot more people, even without the lure of free drinks.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.