Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Other hotel schemes Melia 20% off codes available?

• AirMax 31 posts

Pre Covid, I was always able to get 20% off Melia because the Amex/birthday codes seemed to work multiple times. Not to mention the excellent BF Amazon points promo which I would have never known about but for this site.

So, any publicly available codes other than 5% in the app?

trader363 109 posts

I can send you mine – not sure if it’s transferrable?

tom1 63 posts

As well as the birthday offer, I also get 3x 20% vouchers in the Promotions section of my account. Is that because I got status using Amex plat?

AirMax 31 posts

I can send you mine – not sure if it’s transferrable?

That’s very kind thank you! I suspect they’re
    not transferable though?

robrob 3 posts

I am looking for a bit of help/info on the use of the 20% codes if possible.

I have Melia Gold via Amex Plat. Although I use the other hotel benefits quite regularly, I’ve never actually booked a Melia before. I logged in to my account yesterday as I now have the opportunity to book a Melia hotel and spotted the birthday gifts and the 20% code that can be used three times.

I booked a room and the code worked perfectly. A friend now wants to join us on the trip. Am I able to book another room for them using that 20% code? At this stage, no guest names have been requested – it’s pay at the hotel so I guess to them, I have simply booked two rooms. Will there be any issue that the other room is for a friend / non family member? I’m possibly over thinking it all but just wondering if there are any issues here.

Thanks.

AirMax 31 posts

It should be OK. A nosey receptionist might ask you how you got such a good rate, but I think they are unlikely to know much about what the codes are or who is eligible.

From my experience, they will also see some reference to Amex Plat in the booking notes and that can confuse them as they don’t know what to do with that information, the answer is nothing, you are free to pay with any method.

robrob 3 posts

Cheers AirMax. Appreciate the reply.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    sloth 315 posts

anyone have issues using the 20% off codes recently? im looking at the ME Ibiza and Innside Madrid for some nights in April, but when I apply the code its not giving a discount…it has always worked ok before

ignore me…its working on the cash price but not on the points for some reason. Would anyone else be able to check pls, 16-18 April in ME Ibiza. how many points are you quoted after the 20% discount? thanks

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Niall 112 posts

The terms of the 20% discounts always state it is for cash or ‘cash and points’ bookings. They aren’t supposed to work on points prices. I see for two adults for those dates 56k room only or 72k b&b. There are the standard rates for the reward availability for the room. Where there are no rooms at the standard redemption rates it goes to that dynamic pricing thing where it’s purely based on the cash price times a multiplier. I have found in the past the 20% discount did sometimes apply on points only rates (when it shouldn’t), but only ever on the more expensive dynamic pricing rates. It’s never worked to take anything off the fixed rates.

sloth 315 posts

The terms of the 20% discounts always state it is for cash or ‘cash and points’ bookings. They aren’t supposed to work on points prices. I see for two adults for those dates 56k room only or 72k b&b. There are the standard rates for the reward availability for the room. Where there are no rooms at the standard redemption rates it goes to that dynamic pricing thing where it’s purely based on the cash price times a multiplier. I have found in the past the 20% discount did sometimes apply on points only rates (when it shouldn’t), but only ever on the more expensive dynamic pricing rates. It’s never worked to take anything off the fixed rates.

Thanks very much for the explanation, I have definitely used it on points only bookings in the past but what you say makes sense so perhaps I was just lucky previously. Thanks again for checking

ed_fly 211 posts

Hi, hoping someone can help advise me on the Melia 20% codes from gold status. Are there any restrictions on using for cash rates, I’m potentially looking at booking a melia property for next summer and 20% off would justify the Amex plat fee, but obviously want to check that it would be useable before diving in. Thanks.

Niall 112 posts

I do not currently have any available to check terms, but I have used them many times and have never known/noticed any restrictions on their use against cash (cash only) rates.

ToffeeTom 34 posts

I used my three codes in June to book three different rooms in the same property for myself + family members. Cash only rates, not points.

In a similar vein, does the birthday upgrade offer apply to points bookings? The conditions don’t mention that they are excluded so I am assuming (and hoping) so. We have four nights at the Villa Agrippina Gran Meliá in Rome in September using points bought in the Amazon offer that was publicised on here in 2019/20.

ed_fly 211 posts

I do not currently have any available to check terms, but I have used them many times and have never known/noticed any restrictions on their use against cash (cash only) rates.

thanks niall

aseftel 267 posts

I too have used them a few times – only once was I not able to apply the discount (to a single room category on a deeply discounted rate). There’s nothing in the terms to disapply the offer, but Meliá Customer Services were unapologetic. Overall still a great deal.

LLB7684 3 posts

I linked my new Amex platinum to my Melia account and got the 3 20% off vouchers. Do you get 3 at the start of each calendar year?

MattB 261 posts

I’ve used the codes twice recently for future stays. One was a points booking the other cash, and I found I wasn’t getting a discount on the lowest level rooms available at the time.

illuminatus 3 posts

Is there a specific time of the year the 20% voucher is issued, or can you expect one right after linking your Amex platinum to the Melia account?

Niall 112 posts

The 3x uses 20% code is issued at the start of your membership year. When your gold card appears on the app, it should show you when it expires with the start of your membership being a year before! It should then show in your promotions in the app or website.

There is also a birthday voucher which should give you the choice of use for 20% off a booking or room upgrade (I recommend the 20% option). That’s issued on your birthday.

meta 1,440 posts

No best take the upgrade. You book during sale, apply one of the other 20% off vouchers, use the app for extra 5% off and then use the upgrade voucher during the online check in.

Niall 112 posts

I never realised they could be combined!

blueskiesahead 64 posts

Yes get AMEX platinum and get 20% off 3 Melia bookings.
    Presently at Melia in Menorca .Used 20% with platinum and bought 2000 points to get what was a ridiculous deal
    Was upgraded at check in 2 rooms to junior panoramic suite , primarily as I had AMEX. I didn’t ask – they offered !!!
    I will deffo be booking via Melia again. The discount is genuine and no deposit!

Niall 112 posts

Yes get AMEX platinum and get 20% off 3 Melia bookings.
    Presently at Melia in Menorca .Used 20% with platinum and bought 2000 points to get what was a ridiculous deal
    Was upgraded at check in 2 rooms to junior panoramic suite , primarily as I had AMEX. I didn’t ask – they offered !!!
    I will deffo be booking via Melia again. The discount is genuine and no deposit!

Which Melia in Menorca is this?

blueskiesahead 64 posts

To Niall
    Melia Cala Galdana

Niall 112 posts

To Niall
    Melia Cala Galdana

Thanks! Good to know which hotels offer good upgrades 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.