Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Other hotel schemes Melia 20% off codes available?

• Erico1875 145 posts

Does the 20% off stack with other discount? At the moment I am seeing 35% off early booking discount.
    Would be great if i could get 20% off that price.
    It would cover Platinum fee on 1 hit.

jek 111 posts

Is the 35% discount just another rate (does not need a code)? Then the 20% should work – it did for us.

Niall 113 posts

35% is just a sale rate. Melia sales happen quite a bit and are often not genuine. But the good news is yes the 20% code stacks with any sale rate. It also stacks with the in app 5% discount (got just for using the app), so do use the app!

Erico1875 145 posts

Thanks
    Melia Gold is IMO the most underrated of all the Amex Platinum Card benefits.

The real Swiss Tony 650 posts

Can anyone help me with this?

I have the 3x 20% off vouchers. have used two so far this year. When I apply the code, the price discounts but when I get to the final page of the booking process to enter the credit card details, it jumps back up.

I’ve tried two different browsers now. Any ideas?

It’s for the ME in London.

Thanks

Tony

Ok answering my own post here. I called the hotel, they could see the discount voucher and applied it directly without any issues.

Hey ho.

Tony

Ciumpy 6 posts

Ok answering my own post here. I called the hotel, they could see the discount voucher and applied it directly without any issues.

Hey ho.

Tony

Had the same issue recently when upselling the original non refundable fare to the flexible one. On the payment page the discount was removed. Did you complete the payment and called the hotel to confirm the discount was properly applied or you completed the booking via phone ?

shilly 111 posts

Hey ho.

Tony

Had the same issue recently when upselling the original non refundable fare to the flexible one. On the payment page the discount was removed. Did you complete the payment and called the hotel to confirm the discount was properly applied or you completed the booking via phone ?

I have had the same problem on my last 2 bookings and both times the prices have gone up in the last payment page so I called and surprisingly both times the agents knew it was happening but said it’s a glitch. Anyway it didn’t take long to get through and both agents were very helpful which hasn’t always been the case.

Niall 113 posts

Melia technology is full of glitches! I have to say that while generally the agents know nothing of the MeliáRewards program and can be super unhelpful, the sales guys are usually pretty great. One of them gave me her direct Melia email address a couple of years ago and now I just do all bookings through her. She’s helped out moving covid bookings and when my 20% voucher code disappeared too soon due to dodgy Melia IT. If anyone wants her email, I’m sure Rob can put us in touch.

helenmariedennis 1 post

Hey just doing some research into Platinum Amex and I think this benefit could be worth the entire membership fee for me! Can someone that’s used it confirm a couple things for me…

Are you able to book directly through melia site?
    If so, is it valid on the prepayment rates or just the flexible rates?
    Can I combine with melia rewards points?

Thanks for your advice in advance 🙏

Niall 113 posts

Hey just doing some research into Platinum Amex and I think this benefit could be worth the entire membership fee for me! Can someone that’s used it confirm a couple things for me…

Are you able to book directly through melia site?
    If so, is it valid on the prepayment rates or just the flexible rates?
    Can I combine with melia rewards points?

Thanks for your advice in advance 🙏

I think you mean the benefit of 3×20% off codes that comes with your MeliáRewards account. Be advised that the birthday voucher (usually allowing you to chose 20% off) comes even with free/no status MeliáRewards accounts, so if this is for one big booking you might not need to get an Amex platinum just for that. If you do need 3x uses then you can get the platinum and cancel quickly after for the pro rata refund of the fee. Or get a supplementary card temporarily if you have any kind family/friends for that.

The 20% off terms will tell you it applies to cash and cash/points bookings I think, but it will apply to points rates even as well IF they’re under the dynamic pricing and not at the fixed price. So basically try and see. But see other posts on how poor MeliaRewards points have become.

Yes, it works with booking direct on Melia’s site and to either flexible or prepaid rates. However, you’d be crazy to book on their site because the app offers a 5% discount booking there which does stack/combine with the 20% discount.

karhao@gmail.com 1 post

I have a melia gold through Amex platinium. I cannot find the x 3 20% code. Can anyone please enlightened me? Thanks

Dave 9 posts

In the App, go to My Promotions. Link to discount codes is there.

Whatsthepoint 119 posts

Just like to say thanks to all you posting such helpful information on here. Getting 20% codes for Melia through Gold status via Amex Platinum must be one of the best ‘perks’ available. Pretty much saved 50% of me Platinum fee with one booking in Tenerife. Coupled with their ‘Wonder week’ deals resulted in a bit of a bargain!

etting 19 posts

Just like to say thanks to all you posting such helpful information on here. Getting 20% codes for Melia through Gold status via Amex Platinum must be one of the best ‘perks’ available. Pretty much saved 50% of me Platinum fee with one booking in Tenerife. Coupled with their ‘Wonder week’ deals resulted in a bit of a bargain!

What hotel did you book?

Whatsthepoint 119 posts

HOTEL HACIENDA DEL CONDE

Does the birthday promo still post? I’ve got the 3x 20% off vouchers showing, but nothing about the upgrade this time??

flowerpower1 1 post

Hi, does anyone have a code I could try to use please or are these non transferrable? I have an AMEX Platinum but it doesn’t seem to offer 20% Melia rewards 🙁

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Question on the birthday upgrade offer – does it appear immediately in the account after registration or only after the next birthday date?

tom1 63 posts

Does the birthday promo still post? I’ve got the 3x 20% off vouchers showing, but nothing about the upgrade this time??

Yes… my birthday in April and I got the upgrade voucher.

Still showing in my account now, above the 20% vouchers

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Anyone linked their Amex plat recently? How long does it take to upgrade to Gold status?

Also breakfast – Golds get 2-4-1. Has anyone got this benefit for more than one room? The 20% off seems to work for all rooms.

FFoxSake 217 posts

Check in the App. My birthday upgrade doesn’t appear via website but does show in the App (under My profile > My promotions)

Having said that I tried and failed to use it at a recent stay. Checking in via the app never offered me a chance to use it. Someone else suggested that you can only use it via website check-in, not app. YMMV…

tjob81 30 posts

Birthday promo only showing as 5% – really annoying that I cant transfer my 20% off Platinum vouchers to someone else

sachbarnes 2 posts

should the upgrade stack with the birthday? when I clicked upgrade, the birthday discount is no longer available to select.

Aston100 1,370 posts

Anyone managed to stack the 20% with the current Black Friday sale?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.