Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Other hotel schemes Melia points discount

• ClaireF 26 posts

I am on track to earn about 46000 points with melia stay in august. I can see that 2000 points gives quite a nice discount off the melia koh samui but anyone know what 46000 might give me. I was trying to book 2 rooms for 10 days for Aug 2024. Thanks

Niall 112 posts

There isn’t really enough detail here to check properly but a check for 10 random days (10-20 August) in a deluxe room for 2 bed and breakfast, it was £2,255.88 in the app (5% discount in the app)or £2,100.88 when using 46,000 points. That makes this a poor use of points even with the big MeliáRewards devaluation.

ClaireF 26 posts

Thanks Niall. My dates are 19th to 29th Aug 2024 and we wanted swim up level rooms x 2. My booking this year is $4601 America dollars so think this will generate 46000 points? Its first time we have used melia so all a bit new for us.

ClaireF 26 posts

I should add we have gold status through amex so get 20% discount

Niall 112 posts

The earnings rate for Melia gold is 13 point per USD/EUR spent but applied to the spend before tax. So probably 46,000 is a good guess but I’d hope a little more depending on where/which hotel and therefore the rate pre tax.

How many people in each room and is it the Level Pool access room?

P.S. you can reach MeliaRewards Platinum by earning sufficient points in a year, you’re likely to be at least very close after this if it was in the same year as your 4,600 stay!

ClaireF 26 posts

So the booking we have this year is for melia bali. We got an amazing deal for 4601 us dollars it’s all inclusive x 2 swim up rooms for 10 nights. 2 adults in 1 room and 1 adult in the other. Next year is same 1 adult in one room and 2 in other. We would like to try the level swim up or boat rooms depending on cost. Interesting about platinum. We are in bali 14th to 24th this year but 19th to 29th next. Any tips on good way to achieve platinum and whether its worth it.

Erico1875 143 posts

I assume you got the 5% + 20% for using the app + gold status. This really makes a huge difference to the price.
    After the 2000 point discount which also makes a good dent in the price,the rest of the points discount is pretty worthless imo
    From my experience, you can credit up to 2 rooms to your status

Erico1875 143 posts

If you are chasing nights and its worth it to you, a standard room at Melia Innside Newcastle was only just over £50 a night recently

ClaireF 26 posts

Thanks everyone. It looks like 2000 points plus the gold discount and extra 5% is best option. I will budget based on that.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.